Losing the siphon, help!

I don’t understand, never had this problem. I keep losing the siphon. Starts out fine with one bottle, then totally stops. Tried blowing on one end, tried filling the tube with sanetizer, but it keeps stopping. Getting quite frustrated… Help!

Check the little cap on the end of the racking cane, see if it’s plugged. On an auto-siphon, there’s a small plastic piece at the base of the tube that can also get plugged.

Can you elaborate on you siphoning process in details? To me it sounds like you should invest in a siphon clamp that NB sells for about 75 cents or you can buy a bottling bucket with a spigot. Anyways the reason that i believe you are losing your siphon is either you are pinching the manually (which a siphon clamp does very well) or you are lifting the end of the hose high enough the equalize the gravity of the siphon. I have done both methods before and the best method w/o a bottling bucket is to use a siphon clamp. Now the possible reason you might be losing your siphon is because you might have lifted the end of the siphon too high when trying to stop the flow, bad connection between the hose and the racking cane, or your fermenter is not high enough and the hose is too short. Remember that siphoning relies on gravity and vacuum be sure to put your fermenter high enough and run enough length of hose so the end of the hose is lower than the fermenter. I normally put my fermenter 4 feet off the ground and run a 5.5 foot length of hose and sit on the ground when i bottle and the flow of the siphon is extremely fast.