Looking For large plastic fermentor (calling Muller)

I remember reading a thread were muller posted a link to ebay for some large plastic screw on lid containers that were a really good price. I can’t seem to find them was wondering if anyone could post a link. Thanks in advance.

I believe he has info regarding those on his page. www.mullerbrau.com

Those look very similar to the Speidel fermenters. They seem to be readily available now, you might try looking at those if you can’t find a place to pick up the ones referenced on Muller’s site.

I just ordered 2 Speidel 30L fermenters from my LHBS. I haven’t had a chance to use them yet, so am not recommending them beyond just pointing out their availability and similarity to what you’re asking about.

They make them in various sizes from 3.2 gallons up to 31.7 gallons.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=120527&p=1053394&hilit=mullerbrau+fermenter#p1053394

Thoses are the ones. Thanks danny.

[quote=“NorCalJP”]Those look very similar to the Speidel fermenters. They seem to be readily available now, you might try looking at those if you can’t find a place to pick up the ones referenced on Muller’s site.

I just ordered 2 Speidel 30L fermenters from my LHBS. I haven’t had a chance to use them yet, so am not recommending them beyond just pointing out their availability and similarity to what you’re asking about.

They make them in various sizes from 3.2 gallons up to 31.7 gallons.[/quote

will check them out if i cant get the ones im looking for.

I recently purchased a Speidel 60L (15.9 gal) fermenter. I used it for the second time yesterday and I am very happy with it. Racking to keg is much better with a tap versus the syphon. It’s also a breeze to clean.

Paul

The container is a Curtec 7055 and it holds 55 liters. They are available on eBay at the following link. I like them so much that I now have six of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beer-Fermenter-Food-Grade-13-Gallons-Hdpe-2-/201231469823?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eda548cff

[quote=“MullerBrau”]The container is a Curtec 7055 and it holds 55 liters. They are available on eBay at the following link. I like them so much that I now have six of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beer-Fermenter-Food-Grade-13-Gallons-Hdpe-2-/201231469823?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eda548cff
[/quote]

Thanks!

these fermenters would b great for my 10 gal brews, I noticed on the site that they are used anyone purchased any of these used. Just worried about scratches inside the container that could harbor bacteria. thanks

[quote=“drexelbrew”]these fermenters would b great for my 10 gal brews, I noticed on the site that they are used anyone purchased any of these used. Just worried about scratches inside the container that could harbor bacteria. thanks[/quote]Um … I’m pretty sure I just wrote that I like them so much that I have 6 of them. They were used for shipping baking soda. There is not a mark on them, let alone a scratch. I have used mine for hundreds of batches and still pristine.

Ok sorry about that Greg, when I initially read ur thread I thought they were
New. When I saw the e-bay site and read they were used just got me
Wondering. Thanks for explaining.

I bought one of these and yesterday I brewed a 10 gal batch of IPA. I was really excited to try the new fermenter. Got it cleaned up, drilled for airlock, sanitized, then realized I have no swamp cooler big enough for it to fit in!!

So this batch got split into two buckets until I can figure out a way to cool this bad boy. I think a muck bucket would be big enough but the two in my barn are beyond service in that regard! Not enough PBW/star san in the world to make me feel good about fermenting in those. Though there was that article about grain malted by burning sheep dung…

[quote=“dannyboy58”]I bought one of these and yesterday I brewed a 10 gal batch of IPA. I was really excited to try the new fermenter. Got it cleaned up, drilled for airlock, sanitized, then realized I have no swamp cooler big enough for it to fit in!!

So this batch got split into two buckets until I can figure out a way to cool this bad boy. I think a muck bucket would be big enough but the two in my barn are beyond service in that regard! Not enough PBW/star san in the world to make me feel good about fermenting in those. Though there was that article about grain malted by burning sheep dung…[/quote]They fit into a Rubbermaid 19 gallon plastic tub with the rope handles.

[quote=“MullerBrau”][quote=“dannyboy58”]I bought one of these and yesterday I brewed a 10 gal batch of IPA. I was really excited to try the new fermenter. Got it cleaned up, drilled for airlock, sanitized, then realized I have no swamp cooler big enough for it to fit in!!

So this batch got split into two buckets until I can figure out a way to cool this bad boy. I think a muck bucket would be big enough but the two in my barn are beyond service in that regard! Not enough PBW/star san in the world to make me feel good about fermenting in those. Though there was that article about grain malted by burning sheep dung…[/quote]They fit into a Rubbermaid 19 gallon plastic tub with the rope handles.[/quote]

Yep basically the same thing as a muck bucket but southern states is closer for me than target or walmart.

I recently bought two of these, put a valve in the bottom, and drilled a hole for the airlock grommet. So far, I’ve got 5 batches from them and everything is a-ok. I make 10-12 gallon batches and these hold them with enough free space.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLASTIC-BARREL- ... 1231469823

[quote=“tom-r2”]I recently bought two of these, put a valve in the bottom, and drilled a hole for the airlock grommet. So far, I’ve got 5 batches from them and everything is a-ok. I make 10-12 gallon batches and these hold them with enough free space.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLASTIC-BARREL- ... 1231469823[/quote]Thats a great price too! Hmmmm.