Local Source for bottles?

I am in a situation where I need bottles before the end of the weekend. Has anybody found a local source besides a homebrewing supply that carries them? Heck, anything would work as long as it is a darker colored glass with the kind of mouth that accepts crimped on caps…

I know I can order them here, but I need some in the next few days.

You can check with local bars that serve bottled craft beer to see if they will save some empties for you. Ask friends/neighbors to save bottles.

You might get more location specific suggestions if you add your location to your profile.

I have until Sunday before I have to go back to work. I work a lot of hours and most of the time six-seven days a week. I was planning to on doing them before the weekend was out. After then, it is going to be very difficult to find time to bottle. I have five gallons of Saison that is ready to come out of the fermenter now…it’s been in there a month. I made a mistake and thought I had enough bottles. I’m short about a case or so.

I need somewhere I can buy them - before the weekend is out.

I need them like now…lol.

Is there any store that sells any type of bottle?

If you happen to be in the Tacoma/Seattle area I could give you bottles. Otherwise, 2-liter soda bottles work in a pinch. Or any size soda bottle, for that matter.

Where are you located? If you are near a recycling plant you might be able to get them there. In my city there’s curb side recycling and I’ve gotten a lot of bottles on recycling day.

You do realize that you are asking people where to obtain bottles locally without giving a clue where you live? More info might help, just saying.

Invite your beer drinking buddies over for a game. Tell them BYOB, but no twist offs. You provide snacks. Dumpster diving behind a good bar usually works. Luckily, I have not had to do that since College, but I did end up with about 5 cases.