Lets talk winter releases that get you excited

Great Divide’s hibernation ale is just great. This is the first year that I have tried it, and I am kinda in love with it.

Brewed by:
Great Divide Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Style | ABV
Old Ale | 8.70% ABV

a yearly favorite. Always keep them on hand when they come around. and sad when they are no longer available.

Brewed by:
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website
California, United States

Style | ABV
American IPA | 6.80% ABV

I really don’t think it is the best scottish ale by any means. I don’t think it fits the style very well, the northwestern hops take it somewhere else. But I find myself really enjoying it.

Brewed by:
Bell’s Brewery, Inc. visit their website
Michigan, United States

Style | ABV
Scottish Ale | 5.40% ABV

I LOVE SN’s Celebration!! I keep my clone of it (which I call “Jubilation!”) on tap as much as possible!

I’ve always looked forward to Boston Brewing Company’s winter sampler, especially Old Fezziwig. But this year, there seems to be too much ginger, and it’s just not pleasant.

I like Old Fezziwig too, although it may just be the name. Wish they would release it as a sixer during the holidays. Can’t stand the cherry wheat or caranberry lambic or whatever nasty beer they put in the holiday pack these days.

I just went to the Sam Adams site. Seems they got rid of the cranberry nasty out of the holiday pack. There’s a Chocolate Bock and a Coffee Stout in there now. Nice!

SN Celebration ale and Odell Isolation Ale. Both excellent beers! Can’t get Isolation Ale in Iowa unfortunately, so I have to have my daddio bring me a case back when he goes to Colorado in November every year.

Have never had odell. will have to look around for them. Doubt I will see them in charleston sc though.

SN Celebration, there’s a reason that a lot of my homebrews come in SN bottles. Also Deschutes Jubelale and Full Sail Wassail.

Here is what I just worked up from their website info. How close is it to yours? the c60 would actually be english medium crystal. just didn’t have that as an option.

Celebration ale
American IPA

Recipe Specs

Batch Size (G): 5.5
Total Grain (lb): 14.000
Total Hops (oz): 6.00
Original Gravity (OG): 1.065 (°P): 15.9
Final Gravity (FG): 1.016 (°P): 4.1
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 6.39 %
Colour (SRM): 11.8 (EBC): 23.2
Bitterness (IBU): 65.0 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 70
Boil Time (Minutes): 65

Grain Bill

12.000 lb American 2-Row (85.71%)
1.500 lb Crystal 60 (10.71%)
0.500 lb Carapils (Dextrine) (3.57%)

Hop Bill

1.00 oz Chinook Pellet (11.4% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (0.2 oz/Gal)
0.50 oz Chinook Pellet (11.4% Alpha) @ 30 Minutes (Boil) (0.1 oz/Gal)
0.50 oz Cascade Pellet (7.8% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil) (0.1 oz/Gal)
0.50 oz Centennial Pellet (9.7% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil) (0.1 oz/Gal)
0.50 oz Cascade Pellet (7.8% Alpha) @ 1 Minutes (Boil) (0.1 oz/Gal)
0.50 oz Centennial Pellet (9.7% Alpha) @ 1 Minutes (Boil) (0.1 oz/Gal)
1.00 oz Cascade Pellet (7.8% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop) (0.2 oz/Gal)
1.00 oz Centennial Pellet (9.7% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop) (0.2 oz/Gal)
0.50 oz Pellet (0% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Boil) (0.1 oz/Gal)

Misc Bill

Single step Infusion at 151°F for 60 Minutes.
Fermented at 65°F with

Mad Elf.

http://www.troegs.com/our_brews/mad_elf_ale.aspx

I thought about trying to clone it, but I’m not very good about planning seasonals months ahead.

Troeg’s Mad Elf in November and Troeg’s Nugget Nectar in late January !!!

Hopslam.

Anderson’s Winter Solstice. I’d love to get that recipe.

Here is what I just worked up from their website info. How close is it to yours? the c60 would actually be english medium crystal. just didn’t have that as an option.
[/quote]
I think will get you close. The English crystal is key, IME. Celebration is one of my very favorite beers. My local grocery store has had it, but now their distributor seems to be waiting for someone to buy the end of the Tumbler before they stock more :cry:

Bell’s Double Cream Stout is another beer I look forward to this time of year.

[/quote]
I think will get you close. The English crystal is key, IME. Celebration is one of my very favorite beers. My local grocery store has had it, but now their distributor seems to be waiting for someone to buy the end of the Tumbler before they stock more :cry: .[/quote]

thanks. I may do it sometime later. Just have two IPA’s going right now. One in primary, one dry hopping in secondary. Don’t need three taps of IPA’s. I would be ok with that, but my guest may get annoyed.

But it would be a fun one to take with me to widespread panic nye in charlotte.

Celebration ale and the Damn Good Espresso Stout from Bru Rm @ Bar in Pistol Wavin’ New Haven.

Santas little helper from port, anchor christmas(this years is good) and deschutes jubelale

Ninkasi’s Sleighr

Hopworks abominable

:mrgreen:

Definitely Sierra’s CELEBRATION and BIGFOOT for me. I used to enjoy Anchor’s Xmas ales, until they started brewing them with spices quite a few years back (I’m not so big on spices in Winter beers…just a personal preference).

In 2009 I enjoyed the Winter Warmer from Lancaster Brewing in PA, however I didn’t see it anywhere in 2010. I’ll keep an eye out for it this year…it was quite good, and not as overpriced as many such offerings are starting to be.
I’ll usually enjoy a few Samuel Smith’s WINTER WELCOME each year as well.
Basically though, I’ll just get single bottles of any of the above when the mood strikes me.

My main tipple during the winter and holiday periods is really my own winter brew, which I usually make sometime between February and April each year (in multiple batches that get blended) and let it age until late Nov-early Dec.

Does the Anchor have spruce this year? Not too fond of that. I like Santa’s Private Reserve from Rogue.

Sierra’s Celebration and 21st Amendment’s Fireside. I saw a sixpack of some Rogue holiday beer at my local 6 pack shop…that’s next on the “to try” list.