Length check for glass-walled line?

I just purchased 100 feet of the accu flex “glass” lined tubing that’s supposed to impart no taste or odor to the liquid inside it, no matter how long it is in contact with it (see: http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/accuflex- … -shipping/ ). I’ve read that, because of the lining, there is considerably less friction in the lines and longer lengths are needed to achieve the ideal pour.

Does anyone have this line installed? What length do you use to achieve a good pour? I don’t want to use any other restrictors (like the swizzle sticks); just line length. I was shooting for 12.5 feet per tap, to use up an even 50 feet. I’ve heard others use 15 feet, though, and since I wouldn’t have enough to fix them all if I try 12.5 feet, I’m asking first. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Does the supplier have a recommendation?

Not that I can see.

I’ve read that the restriction is 1 psi per foot. I’ve read elsewhere that you need 25% more than (i.e., 1.25 times) the original amount.

The issue is that various calculators claim 5 feet is sufficient for normal 3/16" vinyl beer line for most operations, and yet anecdotally most have too much foam at normal serving pressures. Most elsewhere I’ve read that 10 feet of normal line is needed.

So, it’s basically whether or not anyone else has any anecdotal evidence to confirm that 12.5 (i.e., 25% more than 10 feet) is good, or whether I need to bump it up to 15.

seems simple… start with 15 ft on one keg if you think you can cut a couple more feet off after you see how the pour is go for it. Why worry about wasting a couple feet?

[size=150]Not that I can see.[/size]

I’ve read that the restriction is 1 psi per foot. I’ve read elsewhere that you need 25% more than (i.e., 1.25 times) the original amount.

The issue is that various calculators claim 5 feet is sufficient for normal 3/16" vinyl beer line for most operations, and yet anecdotally most have too much foam at normal serving pressures. Most elsewhere I’ve read that 10 feet of normal line is needed.

So, it’s basically whether or not anyone else has any anecdotal evidence to confirm that 12.5 (i.e., 25% more than 10 feet) is good, or whether I need to bump it up to 15.[/quote]

Did you call them?

FYI, this is the response I got from Birdman Brewing:

“I believe most people are using 12-15’ per line. I’ve read of people using up to 20. We are using 12’ in our shop and it works great for us at that length.”

I’m still seeking more data points, if they’re out there…

[quote=“Silentknyght”]FYI, this is the response I got from Birdman Brewing:

“I believe most people are using 12-15’ per line. I’ve read of people using up to 20. We are using 12’ in our shop and it works great for us at that length.”

I’m still seeking more data points, if they’re out there…[/quote]

Why? Every person that uses it will have different experiences.
Start with 15 and go from there.