Leaky Kegerator

I really like kegging my homebrew and keeping it in my kegerator. When I set my controller to a temperature in the low 40’s though, my kegerator leaks water.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

sounds like condensation running out.

:cheers:

Are you running anything inside to keep the moisture at bay such as an Eva-Dry?

Without knowing more about your setup, “Kegerator 101” rules are:

1. Keep the door closed. Beginners mess around a lot more than most and continue to introduce moist air into the fridge. You can’t fight the laws of physics and the cold inside causes moisture in the air to condensate, and large temp swings make this worse. Many commercial units made for repeated opening have sliding doors at the top for this purpose.

2. Make sure your seals are not leaky. Again, outside air getting in constantly is a problem. Also, if your kegerator has any poorly insulated surfaces that can contribute.

3. Keep it at beverage temps, which is no warmer than 36-38f. That aso retards bacterial growth in your beer. Your beer will end up at a good temp in a room-temp glass so no reason to set the kegerator to the desired consumption temp.

4. Use an “Eva-Dry” dessicant unit or keep buying Damp-Rid or similar dessicants to reduce moisture. These are useless if you continually open the kegerator. Can’t fight physics.

5. Make sure the cooling unit is working properly and it is actually able to reach and maintain 36-38f without excessive running or having the coils freeze.

Hope that helps a little

Thanks for the advice.

@ Baratone: I am not using anything inside for moisture, but I am looking into using Eva-Dry or Damp-Rid.

[quote=“Ray.Ramirez”]Thanks for the advice.

@ Baratone: I am not using anything inside for moisture, but I am looking into using Eva-Dry or Damp-Rid.[/quote]

Sorry to go off-topic for a bit but I noticed that you are from Harlingen, TX. I grew up in Harlingen. Graduated from HHS is 1991. I now live in Houston. First time I have ever seen someone on a forum from my old stomping grounds. :slight_smile: