Lagunitas Sucks

Writing this out doesnt look so good but I saw this at a local shop that carries a pretty wide selection of craft brew. Couple people said is was real good so I bought a 6 pack.

It definatly does not suck!

Really good IMO. Quite hoppy as has been the other brew I’ve had of theirs.

I will need to try some others as well…pretty impressed with Lagunitas so far. Two thumbs up from me. :cheers:

It’s one we look forward to where I live in PA, I had a growler a week so back, and enjoyed it a little too much.

Sucks is very good. Probably my favorite Lagunitas product.

I enjoyed Brown Shugga’ quite a bit as well–but I thought it was better on draught than bottle.

[quote=“kcbeersnob”]Sucks is very good. Probably my favorite Lagunitas product.
[/quote]

I agree - I think this is the best Lagunitas brew

I’m a little thrown off by the label…it says a OG of 1.085, using my hydrometer, I get a FG of about 1.010. that puts it right about 10%, yet the bottle says 7.85%

Using my refractometer, it just gets more confusing, with more numbers that are off.

And yes, I removed as much C02 and I could.
I’m using this formula to calc ABV…((76.08*(OG-FG)/(1.775-OG))*(FG/0.794))

What gives??

Anyone else notice this?

Either way…great beer.

[quote=“shredd3r”]I’m a little thrown off by the label…it says a OG of 1.085, using my hydrometer, I get a FG of about 1.010. that puts it right about 10%, yet the bottle says 7.85%

Using my refractometer, it just gets more confusing, with more numbers that are off.

And yes, I removed as much C02 and I could.
I’m using this formula to calc ABV…((76.08*(OG-FG)/(1.775-OG))*(FG/0.794))

What gives??

Anyone else notice this?

Either way…great beer.[/quote]
It seems stronger than 7.85 to me, too. Although your numbers come out at 7.8 ABW…

A clone I found at Homebrewtalk has the FG at 1.025, but it tastes too dry to be that high, IMHO.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/lagunit ... ne-317407/

But yeah, a great beer.

Having a few right now. This is an awesome beer for sure! I was also thrown off by the labeled ABV, but it is a sweeter, fuller bodied beer IMO. I believe all six will be gone shortly, and would definitely purchase again (and again)!! Agreed, Lagunitas doesn’t suck! :cheers