Lager series

I have a series of lagers to start this weekend. Only downside for me is that I will have to take the kegs out of there in order to maintain lager fermentation temps. Really wanting a few fermenters with a glycol chiller now

4 Likes

Yeah well my old 2 keg kegerater kicked the bucket (good riddance) so I got a nicer one for the kitchen with an awesome ice maker and converted the old one to a 4 keg kegerater. My secondary keezer can now work as a fermenation chamber or keg conditioner.

2 Likes

Fun to plot and scheme about things coming up… I haven’t ordered grain yet… But my ale comes out of the freeze-mentor today to start sampling/testing…
My first will be the Zwickelbier… One keg can wait for O-fest… Ahhhh beer :beers:
Sneezles61

1 Like

I’m planning a Mexican lager and a california common. Just have to plan the diacytel rest timing and brewing the second batch somewhat correctly so I have room for everything at once. I have some slurry from the imperial que bueno I brewed with in march when I made my marzen that has been lagering until I tap it in September. I’ll probably do a 2 liter starter with the que bueno for a 10 gallon batch of the mexican lager this weekend. I’m assuming it’s fine to take half filled kegs out of the keezer and store them at room temp?

1 Like

Absolutely fine. I’ve had to haul already tapped kegs all over the place to escape hurricanes. Just protect from extreme heat. Light is obviously not an issue with kegs.

Always scares the cotton tops when they see me headed up to the 3rd floor of the condo with a cartload of kegs and guitars :joy:

4 Likes

Nice.

1 Like

This is great thread went back and read some thanks for bumping it. I tend to make my lagers more sessionable. I don’t have anything on tap undy 7% right now. I may have to purchase something. With this heat I find myself passed out in the hammock to much

5 Likes

What a terrible problem to have…

1 Like

Yer a Dino-sour BC!!! :joy::joy:… Just tipping yer brew over… Don’t take it too seriously
Sneezles61

Shipment from NB came one day early! Good job. UPS guy brought the box and it was hot to touch. 90* here. Unpacked it and cooled it down. Mainly worried about the yeast but read some old threads and apparently dry yeast is relatively ok to 114* fide Denny Conn.

Time to brew a lager!

3 Likes

I’ll MT one of my fermenters today… I’m getting closer… I better order my grains too!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Gonna bring this back… OK?
I started building up 34/70 today, well, brewed a smaller brew for lagering… I’m looking at Bock recipes… Think the 34/70 will mess up a nice dark bock? Oh… and low AA hops… Cascade at 4.3% would do…? But can we settle on a 1.065 gravity?
Sneezles61

Yes to 34/70 no to Cascade. It should be clean and malty no grapefruit. By clean i mean not alot of hop flavor

Here you go

Think I read that a bit ago… well, many articles… I’ll send away for some Mittelfrau…
I have a bunch of Vienna malt… no Munich… Wheat? some articles claim wheat was a mainstay… until the Rhine… (can’t spell it) law took affect…
Chocolate malt?
Sneezles61