Ken Leonards Memory Lapse recipe

Hi there guys , ive been out of pocket for a while now and its good to be back. I just brewed Kens Memory Lapse recipe on the 28 of Jan. and was forced to use US-05 . How big of an impact will this have in taste also i use some grain that i had stored in vaccum seal bads that was never cracked. Its was about 5 months old. Like i said i been out of pocket and was itching to brew a batch. What yall think?

It will be okay. The grains will be fine. 5 months and they were whole? No problem. The US-05 is fine… nice and clean, etc. The only thing with US-05 is that it attenuates very well so it’s possible that the final beer will be a little bit drier than it would with WLP001 or 1056. Mash temp may have an impact on that as well… higher mash temp would be fine and lower mash temp might compound the dryness. I just brewed a batch of it on January 14 and looking forward to sampling it. Cheers Shawn!

Update… last bottle of memory lapse went down last nite. Didnt even give it time to age. Was a little buttery at first but went down good after that. Also it taste a lot better when its near the freezing point. And the grain i used was almost a year old not 5 months. It was also not cracked.