Kegs

I cut the tops out of two kegs to use, what or how should I clean them to
use? Do I need to scrub them out, then boil them out?
Thanks Ernie

PBW is the way to go. 1 to 3.5 tablespoon per gallon, depending how bad the inside is. Let it sit for a day. You don’t have to, but I rinse after using PBW, then sanitize with starsan or something like it. If this is for boiling, after the PBW, just boil some water in it.

They are pretty clean,one has a little build up on the bottom.It has been sitting for about five years,had about two gallons of beer left in it.
thanks Ernie

A good cleaning with PBW or OxyClean is sufficient, then rinse well.
I’ve soaked Sankes for kegging with Oxy and no scrubbing. Checked with a mirror and a light.
Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

[quote=“mrv”][color=#000000]A good cleaning with PBW or OxyClean is sufficient, then rinse well.
I’ve soaked Sankes for [/color]bond cleaning brisbane
http://www.bondcleanings.com.au/
[color=#000000]kegging with Oxy and no scrubbing. Checked with a mirror and a light.
Welcome to the forum. :cheers: [/color][/quote]
Are you sure that PBW and oxyclean will do the purpose? If you can suggest more cleaning solution it will be great.

[quote=“michelclarke234”][quote=“mrv”]A good cleaning with PBW or OxyClean is sufficient, then rinse well.
I’ve soaked Sankes for kegging with Oxy and no scrubbing. Checked with a mirror and a light.
Welcome to the forum. :cheers: [/quote]
Are you sure that PBW and oxyclean will do the purpose? If you can suggest more cleaning solution it will be great.[/quote]

Why do you think PBW will not work? It is a great product.

[quote=“michelclarke234”][quote=“mrv”]A good cleaning with PBW or OxyClean is sufficient, then rinse well.
Welcome to the forum. :cheers: [/quote]
Are you sure that PBW and oxyclean will do the purpose? If you can suggest more cleaning solution it will be great.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m sure. I’ve used OxyClean on kegs that were sealed up for years, and kegs that sat open in a scrapyard for awhile.