Keggle/mash tun done. What to brew

So I’m super excited I got my keggle, CFC, and mash tun made and cleaned. I was curious what I should break it all in with. I really don’t know what all the different grains do/taste like, but I’ve been on an English bitter kick recently.
That said I don’t have a way to control fermentation temperature and the basement is getting warm. Help me make 12 gallons potentially split batch of awesomeness.

do a Belgian Saison if your afraid that you can not keep the temp down below 70. not sure it its your kind of beer but for higher fermenting temps its a good style to brew. and good luck with your new system.

[quote=“drdyancey”]So I’m super excited I got my keggle, CFC, and mash tun made and cleaned. I was curious what I should break it all in with. I really don’t know what all the different grains do/taste like, but I’ve been on an English bitter kick recently.
That said I don’t have a way to control fermentation temperature and the basement is getting warm. Help me make 12 gallons potentially split batch of awesomeness.[/quote]
Look up “swamp cooler”, it is nothing more than placing your fermentor in a shallow tub, putting a few inches of water in the tub, and draping a t-shirt over the fermentor so the bottom hangs in the water and wicks it up. That will drop your beer temperature by several degrees. Add a fan to blow across it, and you can drop the temp by several additional degrees. It is only the first 3-4 days that is critical, and English styles will typically do quite well fermenting in the high 60s. So you can keep on that bitter kick, or brew a mild, or an export stout, or anything else you want.

Or you could just move someplace with a better climate. We had sleet here today, or maybe it was a mix of hail and rain.

[quote=“rebuiltcellars”][quote=“drdyancey”]So I’m super excited I got my keggle, CFC, and mash tun made and cleaned. I was curious what I should break it all in with. I really don’t know what all the different grains do/taste like, but I’ve been on an English bitter kick recently.
That said I don’t have a way to control fermentation temperature and the basement is getting warm. Help me make 12 gallons potentially split batch of awesomeness.[/quote]
Look up “swamp cooler”, it is nothing more than placing your fermentor in a shallow tub, putting a few inches of water in the tub, and draping a t-shirt over the fermentor so the bottom hangs in the water and wicks it up. That will drop your beer temperature by several degrees. Add a fan to blow across it, and you can drop the temp by several additional degrees. It is only the first 3-4 days that is critical, and English styles will typically do quite well fermenting in the high 60s. So you can keep on that bitter kick, or brew a mild, or an export stout, or anything else you want.

Or you could just move someplace with a better climate. We had sleet here today, or maybe it was a mix of hail and rain.[/quote]

sleet and rain is better then tornadoes and floods witch is what we get here in Minnesota this time of year. the swamp cooler is a good way but it takes a little monitoring to keep it cool.