Keeping a chest freezer warm during winter months

Whats stopping me from having a lightbulb inside my freezer on at all times, and using the controller to cool?

What I posted just before you

[quote=“ACKbrew”]Whats stopping me from having a lightbulb inside my freezer on at all times, and using the controller to cool?[/quote]That’s what several of us have suggested. The one risk is that the bulb will burn out during the night and if the ambient temp is low enough the beer can get cold. A ceramic heater or bulb is much less likely to fail.

The analog controller is “cool only”. The digital ones are cool or heat. The OP has an analog one.

Guess i am not the only one with problems. Me keep my worth at the right temp. But to keep the ale at the right temp during the winter. Months. Why dont you use a space blanket. In the fridge. The ones we use for my work. When people got hypothermia after diving. The one i got at work has a heat controller in it. It runs on bat power. Just put it around the ales. See if this works

I have the same problem. My controller being analog.I bought a small space haeter from a thrift store and played with various strings and temps, marking them on the dial when it was at the temp I wanted…works like a charm