Kansas City Bier Meisters Competition Feb 17 & 18, 2012

The 2012 Kansas City Bier Meisters 29th Annual Homebrewing Competition will be held February 17-18th. The registration window is Jan 9 to Feb 11.

New for 2012 we have a redesigned web presence at

If you are interested in judging or stewarding that would be awesome. Our awards banquet will feature Stan Hieronymous as keynote speaker.

You can check out the results and sponsors of last year’s competition at http://www.kcbmcomp.com/ Our 2011 competition drew more than 118 attendees from across the country and 426 entries.

Will you be accepting drop-offs at the Upper Mississippi Mash-Out again this year?!? Or at Northern Brewer/Midwest? Your website doesn’t seem to mention drop-off points here in Minnesota…
Thanks!

[quote=“rbclay”]Will you be accepting drop-offs at the Upper Mississippi Mash-Out again this year?!? Or at Northern Brewer/Midwest? Your website doesn’t seem to mention drop-off points here in Minnesota…
Thanks![/quote]
Let me check on that and get back to you. I know 2 of our members are judging at Upper Miss Mash Out but they are flying in via commercial carrier so I don’t know if they can bring beer back with them.

Yes, we have made arrangements to have someone pick up entries for the Kansas City Bier Meisters competition at the Upper Mississippi Mash Out. However, this is the only pick up site that we have arranged. So unless things change we are not planning on having a pick up at Northern Brewer.

Am I understanding the bottle acceptance rules correctly that mead/cider/applewine will only be accepted in 12oz bottles as well? Would also like to submit one of those but can’t imagine a 4-5yr old mead in a 12oz capped bottle. :?

Thanks Duxx. The bottle acceptance rules are suppose to be updated for mead/cider/applewine.

How many 12oz bottles need to be submitted for each beer entered?

2 bottles, we’ve corrected this as well in the rules.

Shipped my entries out on yesterday.

Time to get entered for those of you local to the Twin Cities if you want to drop off at UMMO.

Our website is a little slow, here is a direct link to registration:

http://www.kcbiermeisters.org/comp/

If you are coming down KC for the comp make sure to check out the main competition page linked in the original post for banquet and lodging info. The banquet features food by Alex Pope (formerly of The American and R Bar, currently Chef at Local Pig) and a presentation by Stan Hieronymous. This will sell out.

Cheers,

John