Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Just trying out my Innkeeper

Just enjoyed an Innkeeper Ale…as all have testified…its delish, but I can tell its green and needs time! It’s been in the bottle for 2 weeks thus far and I want to age it…will it be best to do so warm or in the fridge?

allow it to carbonate in the warmth…high on an open shelf or something; you may need to give it another week at least

Mine was kept cold in the keg and after about 6 weeks I started looking forward to having a liter of it every night.

Thanks for the feedback guys…this beer gets a minimum of an extra week! And, I like it so much I just ordered another kit! Cheers! :cheers:

Which yeast is the best for this recipe?

When it originally debuted as a limited addition kit WY1469 West Yorkshire was recommended. Now that it is a full time kit, and NB has their house yeast, WY1968 NeoBritannia listed for the kit.

Personnaly, now that WY1469 is year around, I would never use a different yeast for this kit.

Completely agree with the 1469 recommendation, but with a small caveat. I’ve never made it with anything else. Just cant imagine it would be any better with the Neo yeast.

I use the Nottingham dry yeast and it adds a fruity complexity to it. Right now I’ve got 1.5 batches in bottles, 1 keg and fermenting another. I think I love this beer. Also, it’s great for introducing friends and family (and neighbors and strangers) to homebrew!

I used the West Yorkshire yeast for a year in my bitters, very nice ale with decent attenuation for a British ale and it drops fast enough. Haven’t tried their NeoBrit yeast, I’m getting to know WLP002 Fullers now.

Very green at 2 weeks. At first taste I thought may not be drinkable. But at 6 weeks it’s a winner. All beers improve with age but a lesson learned on this brew. I will never judge a beer at 2 weeks. 4 weeks is good 6-8 weeks is better. A case is in a secret place waiting for Memorial day.

Normally I’m in the same boat, but we started tasting this one at the 1 week mark and it was delicious. Its gotten slightly better, but I really dont think its going to last more than a couple more weeks given the warm weather in Texas. Already ordered another batch.

We used the 1469 with it and fermented really cool (60ish), so that may be the difference

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com