Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Just thought i'd share

After an 8 year absence from the home brewing world. My wife suggested the i resurrect the Naughty Kitty Brewing Co and make something tasty for Christmas. I have been an avid craft beer lover and brewer since the early 90’s. All of the stuff I’ve brewed has been partial mash/extract brews. So last Monday i dusted off the old gear from its exile in the basement. I’ve always had the gear to do AG but never used it. Not wanting jump in to AG after such a long absence and never having done one, I went out and bought an American pale ale partial mash kit from brewers best just to wet my feet. I was amazed at how much i have forgotten. I made so many rookie mistakes.The mashing and boiling part went well (only one boil over) I used pellet hops which i forgot to strain off when i transfered the wort over to my carboy. I replaced the yeast in the kit with wyeast 1272 a high flocculation yeast but for some reason I used my 5 gal carboy instead of the 7 gal one. Needless to say i came home to the smell of ale, an air lock on the floor and primary fermenter with a continual steam of foam coming out of it. Lol. After replacing my air lock with the blow off one, i sat down and started crafting the recipe for my first AG Christmas brew. Wish me luck. below is the link to my brew. i welcome any thoughts

http://hopville.com/recipe/1441090/chri ... istmas-ale
Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com