Johnson A419, external mode switch, anyone do this?

Wondered if anyone had added/mounted an external switch to theirs to toggle heating/cooling function? Tired of turning screws to change it.
Ideally I’d need a pair of push on terminals with wire leads to put where the jumper goes and I would just run those to a single throw switch. Hell I could just twist/ untwist them for all I care so long as there outside the controller. Not super computery so I don’t know where to find such thing if it even exists.
Doesn’t look like a lot of free wall space so just drilling a hole and installing a toggle switch from the inside out is probably not an option either.
If anyone has done this id love to see/hear how you did yours.Thanks, Scott.

[quote=“Scott Miller”]Wondered if anyone had added/mounted an external switch to theirs to toggle heating/cooling function? Tired of turning screws to change it.
Ideally I’d need a pair of push on terminals with wire leads to put where the jumper goes and I would just run those to a single throw switch. Hell I could just twist/ untwist them for all I care so long as there outside the controller. Not super computery so I don’t know where to find such thing if it even exists.
Doesn’t look like a lot of free wall space so just drilling a hole and installing a toggle switch from the inside out is probably not an option either.
If anyone has done this id love to see/hear how you did yours.Thanks, Scott.[/quote]

+1. I would like to know as well. You would think that the Johnson company would just add it as a feature, right?

I think I’ve seen a post on this before. I’ll do a little digging to see if I can find it.

http://forums.morebeer.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=31800

Thanks for the link, it got me to thinking.
I had an old computer that I found a spare 4 pin connector and small switch in.
Had to trim some of the plastic plug to get it down to 2 pins and clear the other jumpers.
Switch seemed pretty small but sure didn’t look like it would clear where he put his.
Had to try flipping it with the unit on and no ill effects, just switches mode.