Java Stout

Has anyone here brewed a java stout? Do in add coffee beans to the secondary or do you add cool coffee? Thanks for the help

I use cold pressed coffee in mine.

I made a coffee stout last year that got very good reviews. I dry hopped 6 oz of coarsely ground espresso beans (in muslin bags) in the secondary for a week.

Same here. Like the flavor from cold brewed coffee and nice to be able to dial in the desired amount of coffee flavor by pulling a sample of beer then adding various amounts of coffee to find the right proportion of coffee to add.

Same here. Like the flavor from cold brewed coffee and nice to be able to dial in the desired amount of coffee flavor by pulling a sample of beer then adding various amounts of coffee to find the right proportion of coffee to add.[/quote]
Cold brewing it the way to go. I have a 1 quart french press that I use. I use double the amount of beans/ground coffee I normally would for the same amount of hot brewed coffee. Mix in water, let sit over night either in the fridge or on the counter. Press the plunger, dump the liquid into the keg and rack stout on top of that. It’s the way to go, I think.