I've had the Dead Ringer in my cupboard since the spring

Is this still good?

If it is in an open glass, probably not. Might need a few more details. Primary? Secondary? Kegged? Bottled? Brew date?

Having a 4 year old bottle in a cupboard since spring vs one you just bottled might bring different responses

EDIT - And after reading again, do you mean an un-brewed kit?

Maybe he means a hunchback from Notre Dame?

Your post does not make clear whether you are talking about a bottle of Dead Ringer or a Dead Ringer extract kit???

However, I’ll take a stab and suggest…if its a bottle of dead ringer, it should be fine…maybe even delish!

If its a kit…the extract and hops are likely still fine (maybe not ideal freshness, but not trash either)…the yeast on the other hand…if its been un-refrigerated and in the cupboard for several months…I’ll leave that to some more knowledgable folks…I’ve always refrigerated liquid yeast (assuming you use liquid)…hope this was some help…

Cheers! :cheers:

only one way to find out…

[quote=“Jimmie322”]Your post does not make clear whether you are talking about a bottle of Dead Ringer or a Dead Ringer extract kit???

However, I’ll take a stab and suggest…if its a bottle of dead ringer, it should be fine…maybe even delish!

If its a kit…the extract and hops are likely still fine (maybe not ideal freshness, but not trash either)…the yeast on the other hand…if its been un-refrigerated and in the cupboard for several months…I’ll leave that to some more knowledgable folks…I’ve always refrigerated liquid yeast (assuming you use liquid)…hope this was some help…

Cheers! :cheers: [/quote]

The kit! Sorry…

Going to buy yeast today…

I am sure the extract is good, but what about the hops and grains?

[quote=“themack22”][quote=“Jimmie322”]Your post does not make clear whether you are talking about a bottle of Dead Ringer or a Dead Ringer extract kit???

Cheers! :cheers: [/quote]

The kit! Sorry…

Going to buy yeast today…

I am sure the extract is good, but what about the hops and grains?[/quote]
the grains should be fine. the hops might have some slight degradation.

Thanks.

I am going to brew it.

I found my NB order…it’s from 6/1

You will be fine. I used to buy 3-4 extract kits at a time and it would take me several months to brew them all.

Everything went well yesterday except that some of the extract burned to the bottom of the boil pot. It put of some black specs. Other than that it’s in the fermenter doing its thing.

Did you forget to remove from the heat when adding the extract? Very important