It's been a while

Ok,
So I’ve been away from Home Brewing for about three years and i’m finally looking to start up again. About two years ago my wife and I bought a house and I had five gallons of Orange & Coriander Wheat beer fermenting. Well, the beer has been sitting in the basement for the past two years. I’d like to bottle this one and see how it turned out, but…it’s been over two years. Is it even worth it? The airlock has been dry for a while (i was very negligent) but there doesn’t seem to be any infection on the surface. What do you guys think? Should I pitch again? Dump it?

I would refill the air lock and then taste a very large SG sample. Don’t decide anything until you have a taste.

Taste it, then judge. If you do bottle, I’d reyeast.

Left on the yeast the whole time?

Yup

Throw that crap out.

1 Like

Every so often someone posts about a beer they had in their basement 2 of 3 years wondering if it’s still good. Some people say drink if. The funny thing is you never hear back from the OP. I’m just sayin.

1 Like

I’ll bet they take a taste and… shazaam! They turn into an old pile of yeast! :scream: Taste first then please report back! Sneezles61

1 Like