Is this brew schedule possible?

I had posted earlier that I wanted to make an AG Kolsch but I was not able to get to the fermentation temp of 56–64°F. I bought a nice 15 CF chest freezer and put a temp controller on it. Here is my dilemma. I have ordered three kits to lager.

KÖLSCH: Optimum temperature: 56–64°F

CZECH PILSNER: Optimum temperature: 48–58°F

PRE-PROHIBITION LAGER: Optimum temperature: 48–56°F

I know I can do the CP and the PPL on the same day since they have the same ranges. I want to wedge the Kolsch in there too but the range is too high to sit with the others.Is it possible to ferment all 3 at 56°F without sacrificing quality? I want these beers to be done right. My house is @ 70°F so that won’t work. If anyone can figure this out, I would love to hear it. Any and all ideas are very much welcome.

Think what I would do is brew the two lagers first keep temps at the low range for two weeks. Then brew the kolsch on week three and raise temps for it and do a d-rest for the lagers. Then when the kolsch is done drop the temps and cold crash all of them.

+1 to the above. From experience I will say that as long as you pitch enough yeast the beer will be ready for a d-rest usually around day 7.

If you want to brew them all the same day go ahead. It won’t hurt the kolsh yeast to sit at the lower temp for a week. When you raise the temp for the d rest it will pickup. It won’t be done at the same time though. If you don’t care about brewing them all the same day do what was suggested above by the others .

I would agree with damian, but I’m by no means an expert.

Looks like you’re going to be having some fun though! Enjoy! :mrgreen:

I think I will brew the CP and PPL, ferment at 48 for 7 days. Then brew the Kolsch and raise the temp to 56 for 7 days. Then cold crash the CP and PPL at 40 while pulling out the Kolsch from the cooler and let it sit in the pantry until it reaches a temp of 64. Then place the Kolsch in the cooler with the others. Any thoughts on this?

I think I will brew the CP and PPL, ferment at 48 for 7 days. Then brew the Kolsch and raise the temp to 56 for 7 days. Then cold crash the CP and PPL at 40 while pulling out the Kolsch from the cooler and let it sit in the pantry until it reaches a temp of 64. Then place the Kolsch in the cooler with the others. Any thoughts on this?[/quote]
Why rush your lager’s they are lagers not ales. I would at least give them 2 weeks at 48 degrees.

I think I will brew the CP and PPL, ferment at 48 for 7 days. Then brew the Kolsch and raise the temp to 56 for 7 days. Then cold crash the CP and PPL at 40 while pulling out the Kolsch from the cooler and let it sit in the pantry until it reaches a temp of 64. Then place the Kolsch in the cooler with the others. Any thoughts on this?[/quote]
Why rush your lager’s they are lagers not ales. I would at least give them 2 weeks at 48 degrees.[/quote]
That is a very good point. After 2 weeks, I will check the FG and see where I stand. Thanks.