Is this an infection?

I moved my plastic bucket to keg the contents the other day and found this: (see pics). Is this an infection? The yeast is Wyeast Belgian Abbey II, and I’ve read some posts where people using this yeast and also a saison yeast have seen similar floaties. Also, I may have added beano to this beer a while back. I can’t remember.

From Infection Pics

Sorry about the link that didn’t work, but I can’t seem to locate how to edit a post. Has that been disabled or something? (Really, sorry…)

Okay, again sorry, I can’t figure out how to edit posts, notwithstanding reading the FAQ. Anyway, here are the pics:

I dont think I would really worry about it. It could be some hop oils or something. It could also be an infection. The problem is there is no real difinitive way to tell or not just by looking at it. I have had stouts and such that have had that same look to it and have been overwellmingly fine. I really would not worry about it even if it appears that the material is not going away and is growing. At the least it may be some wild yeast you picked up from some were and it may turn out to be a really good sour. Just let time do its think, and when its done try it out and trouble shoot from there, it is much eaiser to find out what you have when you taste the beer as upposed to looking at it. all and all I think that beer will wind up being alright, and if you were to google such a subject you will find out that is going to be the general consensus on any forum if some one is asking about an infection. So like I said the best way to tell is just to ride it out. I hope this helped some what, I have racked my brain on the net numerous times trying to find out what some thing is floating on top of my beer and I always seem to get the same answer no matter were I look that I just gave you. I have seen that a few times and have never tossed the beer and it has turned out great. Hope this helped.

Looks like yeast to me.

+1

And apparently you can’t quote others or edit posts using the default board theme. Change to subsilver2 in the User Control Panel under Board Preferences to get full functionality.

+1

And apparently you can’t quote others or edit posts using the default board theme. Change to subsilver2 in the User Control Panel under Board Preferences to get full functionality.[/quote]

The elements and links for report/edit/quote are actually on the page, but the images the theme uses are not properly located on the server. If you’re logged in, you can slowly drag your mouse over the lower right section of each post’s gray rectangle and see your cursor change to the hand and the hidden link’s address shows in your status bar.

I only mention it because I really dislike the other color schemes.

Oh you smart man…
Now I can stop typing the quote…/quote and copy/paste what people say.
Now to get the smilies working so I don’t have to type those out.

:cheers:

+1

And apparently you can’t quote others or edit posts using the default board theme. Change to subsilver2 in the User Control Panel under Board Preferences to get full functionality.[/quote]

The elements and links for report/edit/quote are actually on the page, but the images the theme uses are not properly located on the server. If you’re logged in, you can slowly drag your mouse over the lower right section of each post’s gray rectangle and see your cursor change to the hand and the hidden link’s address shows in your status bar.

I only mention it because I really dislike the other color schemes.[/quote]
subsilver2 was what was here when I joined and that’s the way I likes it :smiley:
But that’s good to know the function is there, just no visible links