Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Is my yeast ready?

Hello all,
I was wondering that tomorrow 1/12/12 11AM PST i will be finish brewing a 5 gallon Irish Red Ale with an OG 1.044 using wyeast 1084 Irish Ale 1.5 liter starter with an OG of 1.035 with 2 TBSP of yeast nutrient which i made today at 1/11/12 10PM PST. What i wanted to know is that the 13 hours which i give my yeast starter to grow will be enough for my 5 gallon batch. I am not using a stir plate and did not use an oxygen aeration stone, just good old fashion shake and stir the hell out of my starter. Just for the record the yeast that i pitched into my 1.5 L starter was from a smaller .6 L starter with an OG of 1.04 with no yeast nutrient.
TLDR
Made a 1.035 OG starter 13 hours prior to brewing a 1.044 Irish Red ale wanted to know if it will be okay to pitch 13 hours later.
Can i just go through the normal steps of mashing, boiling, cooling, rack to carboy, seal it up with airlock and stopper, wait for starter to finish 11 hours later, then pitch yeast 11 hours after finish brewing.
Also i’ve had many many pints of homebrew forgive my loquaciousness.

I think your yeast are already “awake” from your first starter, so if you want, you could pitch right after your normal brew process. But to answer your second question, yes you can go through your process, get the beer in the carboy with airlock and let it wait for the second starter to have more time, then pitch.

i forgot to mention that the smaller .6L starter was made in December 14th of last year. Will they still be “awake”? i’ve been keeping it in my kegerator at 45F

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com