Is my Regulator a POS?

Basically i can only control pressure at 10lbs or higher. At this amount of pressure I feel like the beer pours too fast and makes it foam up, hence i would like to be able to set my pressure at a lower amount; however, my reg does not seem to handle anything less than 10.

Thoughts? Should i be able to set my pressure lower?

Also, while i have your attention what is the min pressure you keg should be kept at to maintain the right amount of carbonation?

http://www.kegerators.com/carbonation-table.php

This chart shows the range of carbonation based on the styles. And the corresponding temp/pressure needed.

Yes the regulator should go lower. Based on the chart 10 psi is a good pressure for most beers served in the 34-42* range.

The inexpensive fix would be to lengthen your serving line to allow for more pressure drop. Then it will pour slower.

+1 on what Nighthawk said. You should be fine at 10+psi.

If it pours too fast, lengthen your hose and/or add one of the “swizzle” sticks inside the dip tube… The white insert in these epoxy mixers:

[attachment=0]1274095326475_hz-myalibaba-web8_7639.JPG[/attachment]

Hmm, I noticed that you said 34-42 degrees, currently i can only get to about 45/46ish for temp. For now i’ll add a longer hose. But I think i’m gonna invest in a better regulator. I’m thinking of getting a taprite.