Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Is it normal for a dawson's kriek to smell like sweat socks?

I have a dawson kriek going…2 months in and i took a whiff and it smells like sweat socks no BS and im kinda nervous…did i screw the pooch on this one?

Ever have a genuine kriek or lambic? This is the funk, embrace it.

Seriously, starting at two months they can get kind of rank and take several months to come out of it. I’ve smelled bad diacetyl at 6months, and it went away.

But these beers are a bit unpredictable and they kind of go where they want and its not always to the person’s liking. Thats why blending is a big thing at the sour beer breweries.

[quote=“tom sawyer”]Ever have a genuine kriek or lambic? This is the funk, embrace it.

Seriously, starting at two months they can get kind of rank and take several months to come out of it. I’ve smelled bad diacetyl at 6months, and it went away.

But these beers are a bit unpredictable and they kind of go where they want and its not always to the person’s liking. Thats why blending is a big thing at the sour beer breweries.[/quote]

The only lambic i had was lindemans which i hear is not real sour and actually sweetened…but i been looking around for cuvee renee…cant find it

And how.

Lindeman’s standard recipe uses a pound of pure, 100% natural cane sugar in every bottle of beer. Their prime competitors are Mike’s Hard Lemonade and Rose’s Sweetened Lime Syrup.

[quote=“mattbrew83”]but i been looking around for cuvee renee…cant find it[/quote]Don’t give up, it’s worth the effort. Plus, you can pitch the dregs and they’ll add a nice lactic zing.

+1 to adding dregs, it can really bump the acidity which is a good thing for us sour beer lovers.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com