Irish moss vs

So after brew session yesterday. My daughter came over. With some sushi. Got me thinking. Irish moss is seaweed. Can i use. Seaweed. What they do use for sushi rolls. As a finning agent

That would be a great topic to hunt down…we have lake weeds… hhhmmmm…
Sneezles61

What you want is the kappa carrageenan in the seaweed and while all seaweed has some agar production ability. The Red Algae that makes Irish Moss and is refined to make Whirlfloc is ideal.
You would just need to know which of your local seaweeds you would need to refine for maximum agar production. I wouldn’t bother with the sushi kind since it is a premium product and very salty. The red sea algaes all live in the Northern Hemisphere in cold waters. The was one Australian red algae but it went extinct from human activity changing its environment.

3 Likes

Was that off the top of your head? Remind me not to play trivial pursuit with you

2 Likes

No that was all researched because it was an excellent question and I have had several cups of coffee while the rest of my family was asleep.

3 Likes

Damn thats a good explanation.

but what’s the airspeed velocity of a swallow carrying a coconut?

2 Likes

I’d bet… Using all the givin’ info… “Ain’t gonna happen” might be the probable answer… :mask:
Sneezles61

What do you mean, an African swallow or a European swallow. . .:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

3 Likes

What’s your favorite color?

2 Likes