IPA or not

http://www.connecticutmag.com/food-drink/new-england-ipas-the-unfiltered-less-bitter-style-taking-ct/article_8b67576a-3a50-11e7-ac83-cb555336c4b9.html more IPA than the black IPA

Nice link. I think it should be a subtype of IPA (such as Black IPA ), but still an IPA.

Have one on gas now, and I can’t wait to try it. Patience.

Interesting read. I do our host’s Plinian Legacy and Off the Topper to have side by side on tap every year. Some of my friends prefer the West Coast style, some prefer the East Coast. It’s a nice combination to have on tap simultaneously to see how different they are. Both are delicious. :innocent: Actually doing a batch of Off the Topper early July as a wedding gift for a bud getting married in August to serve at their reception and he’s bringing his fiancee down to experience brewday. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

I make one for my friend who thinks it tastes like treehouse Julius. Which is what I was going for. It’s not my favorite but it good. If I want an ipa I prefer a west coast style hop hammer

Yes, they are a subcategory of IPA, but frankly IMO it’s just the latest fad.
Like Cascadian Dark(Black IPA) of a few years ago. Once the ‘petrock’ faze dies down, the really good ones will stick around.

No one ever lined up for hours in the sun for a gas station to get their allotment of Black IPA…

Personally I hate lines, ( I’ve only been to the Orlando attractions twice in 25 years and I live an hour away). I’d rather keep trying to get the recipe right Homebrewing.

2 Likes