IPA Conditioning Temp

I’ve just bottled some Dead Ringer Ale IPA is it ok to condition it at 64 to 68 for two weeks. After that does the temp matter as long as it’s cool?

:cheers:

It my take longer than that to get the carbonation in the beer.

Once carbonated, cooler temps will inhibit bacterial growth and slow the aging process (decrease hop presence).

[quote=“A1 Mark”]I’ve just bottled some Dead Ringer Ale IPA is it ok to condition it at 64 to 68 for two weeks. After that does the temp matter as long as it’s cool?

:cheers: [/quote]
Bottled a dead ringer 10 days ago. conditioning at 64 degrees. tried one a few days go. good hiss when opening but real flat. moved my cases from the basement to the 2nd floor spare bedroom yesterday where it is 70 all the time. wrapped the cases in a blanket. opened one, ok 2 today and they are so much more carbed. great head on my pour. i’m gonna give them another week atleast before i fridge them. have you had the dead ringer yet? so many people compare it to two hearted. i think it tastes better than two hearted. imo. good luck

My minimum time for bottle conditioning is 3 weeks. Keeping them warm helps them to carbonate. And, 64 to 68 should be fine. Once carbonated, the beer will store best cold. Although, I get the feeling they won’t last very long.

Bottled multiple IPA batches. I keep them in the closet for 4 weeks with the house at 72 dgrees and never had an issue. Good luck.