Infection?

The title says it all. Am I dumping? This is the look from secondary.

What kind of beer is it or is that broken carboy?

It’s a simple blonde. I discussed the recipe here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=110673

It could be something similar to this:

“However, if you have white blotches and they are starting to form what look like spider webs, you have a major issue. Molds are non-chlorophyll plants that range in size from single spore to large aggregates. Commonly occurring types of species are Mucor, Penicillium, Aspergillus, Cladosporium, Geotrichum, and Rhizopus. Most molds are able to grow well at room temperatures, with the optimal range being 75 - 85 °F. Although some species can grow at even warmer temperatures. However, this high a temperature would not be good to make your beer at anyway. Molds are normally aerobic organisms that can grow over a wide range of pH ranges, but they do tend to like the more acidic pH range.” http://www.midwestsupplies.com/white-bl … -beer.html

Hopefully some more seasoned brewers post their opinions as I’ve never come across something like that.

I had this happen to a couple of my beers a couple years ago. It is an infection, but all is not lost.

You can rack it off the bottom, making sure to stop the siphon WELL before you get close to the mold. When I tried this the beer turned out fine, I didn’t notice any terrible off flavors, though YMMV.