Immediate Brewing Q

In the middle of my brewing o a sorghum belgian, and realized I only have one vial of Belgian, and of course I didn’t make a starter today.

Q: Can I blend with a neutral yeast, like 1056, 001, to reduce any lag from insufficient cell count, or will there be other issues from blending different strains?

Thanks to all!

You will never know which yeast will dominate the beer. Don’t mix strains.

If you want, reserve 1qt of the wort. Add the yeast to that and allow the them to get started. Add to the main wort in the morning or later tonight if you see activity.

Or just relax and add what you have to the wort. Millions of gallons of very good beer have been made with out starters.

If I were you, I would go ahead and make a starter now and then pitch in the morning. Shouldn’t be any problems with this approach as long as your sanitation practices are solid.

I did this a few times last summer when I was unable to chill to pitching temps due to high ground water temp.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]

Or just relax and add what you have to the wort. Millions of gallons of very good beer have been made with out starters.[/quote]

truer words were never spoken. thanks for perspective. cheers all