Igloos

Anyone else see these popping up. I’m sure @sneezles61 must have

I’ve seen similar domes popping up and articles about them too. Personally I’d rather have a heater close to an open table or something like the one with the fire pit built in. Maybe it’s paranoid but not sure I want to go in there after say 4 other people have been in there breathing for an hour before me…

I would like one for my yard

2 Likes

I’ve not seen them… Up here, we don’t get too concerned until the temp gets about 0*F… :upside_down:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Very common in Michigan, especially at breweries. Been around for a few years and quite popular. Went on a birthday tour a couple years ago and had to have a reservation to get in one at the breweries we visited.

1 Like

EEEWWW… breathe others… Junk… Whilst the great out of doors surrounded you? oh dear… :grin:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Think the idea. Of this is. Once empty. And people gone. Sanatize. And air them out. For 30 min. Before. New people. Can. Come in

The restaurants moved into the streets here and took over the parking directly in front of the building. However now that it’s winter they have closed them all up and honestly made crappy versions of indoors. I don’t see the point anymore. At least with these you can limit it to one party or table.
Install metered taps and the wait staff would be protected.

1 Like

Will the igloos stand up to snow on top or will it fall off? Where I come from it wouldn’t be unusual for a foot of snow to fall overnight. Also not unusual to be below zero F so I guess these things are not 4 four seasons use in the north.

Might make nice greenhouses when this thing is over.

Well I thought the igloos were better than those big outdoor rooms because you would just be with your group. When you’re done the busboy cleans up the crumbs and stuff with a leafblower. I haven’t eaten in since this whole thing started. I liked when they brought it out to the car not everyone still does that.

Another cool thing up in Lake Placid they bought some of the old Gondolas from Whiteface and the serve you in them

1 Like

Me do love to go out for dinner. Or to a bar. But at. The moment. I am not even go anymore. To much hassle. You need to give. Your. Home adress phone number. And payment. By card. If you tell them. I pay cash. And dont have a phone number. They get angry. So stay home. Bbq. Drink home brews

3 Likes

We get lake effect here as well and with the dome shape the snow just slides off. I’ve seen them heated in different ways including Edenpures. They’re like land bound ice shanties. Perfectly fine even north of the 45th parallel. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve been to maybe 5 restaurants since March, all dining outdoors. The last one I wasn’t comfortable with the proximity of diners/tables around us, and the fools who decide once they’re seated they can just get up and stroll around or stand near you without a mask, so we left and haven’t done that again. Just carry out. Haven’t been in a bar or pub since February.

Same here on bonaire. These. Idiots. Move around. Stand beside you. On their phone. My wife real upset. About. The fact. That these idiots. Not. Stay away from your table. One restaurant. Told the lady forget the plates. Put it into a box. I am leaving. The owner said sorry. What can i do. Well. Your the owner. You do make the. Rules. Not them. Try to make money he says. My answer. Good for you. Why dont you take the. Covid. Signs. Away. And put the tabble. More. Close. You can have more clients. Thanks for your service. But its time to go for me

1 Like

The “mother hen” at our condo that likes to be the event planner told us we are having another get together at the clubhouse for Christmas like the Thanksgiving one. We didn’t go to the Thanks giving one. She says everyone will be wearing a mask. Well our window looks out at the pool and clubhouse and everyone wasn’t wearing a mask. I saw them standing around talking masks missing or hanging from one ear. No thanks to the Christmas party. There will be plenty of Christmases after this is over.

The igloos would need a/c anyway :wink:

1 Like