I think I made a barleywine

My calculator says I should have just under 7% ABV, but this stuff went to my head the way a sweet wine does (before I’m done swallowing).
I brewed a Scotch Ale with extra malt, bottle-conditioned for a long time, primed before bottling…
It tastes like the priming sugar didn’t all ferment out yet (but it’s bubbly, so it’s a start), and the high alcohol content is palpable! Heady! Not altogether unpleasant, but definitely not what I was shooting for.
Has this ever happened to anyone else? This is my first try at adding extra malt to the boil in order to bring up my ABV to a more respectable score (I’m shooting for 1080 with each batch). I have two more styles conditioning, I wonder if they will similarly surprise me.

Biere de Garde (with extra Golden malt) on deck to brew next…

Next up to taste is an Altbier: needs a month or more of aging yet, but it’s going to be great!
preliminary taste tests indicate I have a winter warmer worth noting, and by December I’ll be very very glad I brewed this beer.
7.7% ABV, rich Munich with added Munich, and then a little more Munich just for color.