I screwed up

Man, I really screwed up. My brew today is an IPA similar to DFH 60 Min. I planned for an OG of 1.059 and got 1.046. I think I know what happened, I did not mash/steep my grains long enough. I should have gone for 60 minutes and only did 30. Is this brew permanently messed up or is there a way I can “boost” it. BTW, it’s in the fermentor. Thanks for any advice.

Rambus

If it were me, Id just roll with it and end up with a session beer.

I’m sort of cool with that, but my IBU’s are in the high 50’s. Oh well, I guess it will be a REALLY hoppy session :smiley:

I agree. BUT (there’s always one right) if you wanted you could take some LME/DME and make a fresh wort to add to up the gravity.

Just asking, why did you only mash for 30 minutes? I have heard that our malts convert almost instantly, but I still wait at least 60 and sometimes 90 minutes. It gives me time to drink and relax… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, that’s a good question with a complicated answer. The long and short is, I forgot what I was doing. No drinking was involved, I promise :frowning:

I came up with an excellent plan! I brewed a booster to blend in with the original beer, bringing the alcohol up to 5.5% instead of 3.7%.

Well, that’s a good question with a complicated answer. The long and short is, I forgot what I was doing. No drinking was involved, I promise :frowning: [/quote]

three word: clock with timer. :cheers: