I need help with AA for Janet's Brown

So I’m making Janet’s Brown. The recipe calls for:

1.00 oz. Northern Brewer Pellet 6.50 19.0 Mash H
1.25 oz. Northern Brewer Pellet 6.50 30.8 60 min.
1.00 oz. Northern Brewer Pellet 6.50 6.6 15 min.

… but mine are 10.6% AA :?

By my math, I would be using about 60% of my stash if I followed AA literally. Any suggestions on what I should change or keep the same on those three additions? I don’t want bitter overkill or lack of flavor.

Also, when do I add the mashing hops? :cheers:

[quote=“sharksky”]So I’m making Janet’s Brown. The recipe calls for:

By my math, I would be using about 60% of my stash if I followed AA literally. Any suggestions on what I should change or keep the same on those three additions? I don’t want bitter overkill or lack of flavor.

Also, when do I add the mashing hops? :cheers: [/quote]
I think that would work. The 60 min addition would be the most critical since it’s the bittering addition.

Mash hops go in the mash.
If you don’t mash, get your water to 150, add a pound of extract and add them. Do this after steeping grains.

[quote=“mvsawyer”][quote=“sharksky”]So I’m making Janet’s Brown. The recipe calls for:

Also, when do I add the mashing hops? :cheers: [/quote]
I think that would work. The 60 min addition would be the most critical since it’s the bittering addition.

Mash hops go in the mash.
If you don’t mash, get your water to 150, add a pound of extract and add them. Do this after steeping grains.[/quote]

Are you saying to calculate AA% on all three additions? Or just on the 60 minute one and add the recipe oz on the other two?

I think you’ll be ok calculating at 60%. so a total of 2 oz for the recipe.