I made a boo boo

I brewed up a bomber barley wine 1 gallon batch, and I accidentally added the entire yeast packet instead of the 1/2 packet per the instructions. Have I made a 1 gallon batch of bottle bombs? Or a 1 gallon batch of funk?

Definitely an over pitch, but better than an under pitch. You might be okay. The fermentation is going to take off and finish quickly. Fermenting yeast produce heat. Temp rise could be 5° to 8° in this case. Put your fermentor in a big tub of water to hold the wort temp at 65° to 68°. The first day will be critical.
Use your kitchen sink if you have to. It will be just one day.

Use a blow off tube instead of an airlock. You don’t want krausen on the ceiling.

Its been brewing HARD since Monday, I still have it on the blowoff tube as it keeps filling the airlock, temp has been a steady 70 since day one(I like my house at 68f).

I was going to send you a link to another forum where a person had exactly the same situation.

The beer temp or the house temp? If the house is 68, I would think the beer would be way warmer, especially if it is degassing that aggressively. Maybe since its just 1G batch, its not generating as much heat?

The beer temp or the house temp? If the house is 68, I would think the beer would be way warmer, especially if it is degassing that aggressively. Maybe since its just 1G batch, its not generating as much heat?[/quote]

The beer temp, according to the Fermometer, has been at a steady 70 degrees

What was the gravity on the barleywine? I would have pitched the whole yeast packet intentionally.

Sadly I don’t know, it was a 1 gallon batch I wasn’t worried about SG, However it was SWEET tasting if that helps, don’t know why but I always taste a small bit of the bottom of the wort near the trub to get an idea of how the final product will taste.

All wort tastes sweet to some degree:)

I guess what were you shooting for for the OG? If anything 1.100+ I wouldn’t even think twice about adding the whole pack of yeast.