I have to ask

What did you guys think of the bud commercial. Not the stupid puppy one the “brewed the hard way” I thought it was good, they are not making excuses they do what they do and are good at it. It didn’t make me want a bud though. When they flashed the tap line and the tasters with their flight that’s what got me excited. I know I’m shallow and I apologize but my favorite add was the VS add.

Yea some guys in my local club were all incensed by the peach pumpkin comment, “they’re taking shots at all micro/home brewers!” haha…yea they are and it will work very well in their demographic.

I thought it was pretty pathetic considering they have bought craft breweries and actually sell something similar (by Elysian) that they are mocking in their commercial.

Once I saw the Nationwide commercial with the kid and the ending line “I died” I just tuned out for the rest of them. Quite possibly some of the biggest wastes of celluloid that have ever been broadcast. I was caught off guard by the response when @Homebrew68 wanted to retweet every last complaint. That irritated me more than the commercial.

A few nice cheap shots. Quantity over quality. 'Merica. Surprised they didn’t show a someone chopping down a tree while shooting guns on his way to a Nickleback convert. :cheers:

Seems like a desperate move, eh?

I actually loved the ‘peach pumpkin’ comment- made me laugh. Now , if you’ll excuse me, I’m going out to my backyard to cut down a beech tree so I too can ‘Beechwood Age’. :mrgreen:
By the way, I thought the sappy puppy one was the best commercial of the night. But then, I’m a dog & horse lover.

I thought it was a cheap shot but the craft beer industry has been taking cheap shots at the big boys for years. I didn’t agree with it, but I thought it was effective. Everyone’s talking about it today, so, it worked.

I remember my first beer.

It was a great commercial. Anyone who feels insulted about it should really just relax and have a beer

Not insulted personally.

I just chuckled at the irony.

I brought my fresh IRA we were tipping, so the Bud commercial went unnoticed. Not that we were rooting for either team, but we were throwing comments around about the bonehead call Seattle made to lose the game. You have the premier running back in the NFL and you decide to throw a pass?
Really!! I also brought an 8% Belgian Blonde so you can guess what happened next. Cheers!

I tore the fridge apart looking for a Bud. Luckily I didn’t find one, now all I have is my dreams and YouTube http://www.budweiser.com/our-ads.html

And your dreams probably have more to do with the VS commercial right? :lol:

I don’t know if you guys saw this. I think is the official response of craft beer industry. After the commercial I went back to watching the game . This guy apparently got his shorts in a knot. http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2 … ign=buffer

I must be one of the ignorant masses because I wasn’t insulted. I enjoyed it. It’s commercial for goodness sake

NB didn’t waste any time. I think it is all funny. AB/Bud seems to be saying they’re the beer for people who don’t care about taste. To each his own…

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/peac ... Resistance

Anyone know where I can get some beechwood chips? Might be a nice addition to this. :cheers:

NB is ON it! Too funny!! Now all I need is to train my moustache into tiny handlebars!

I thought it was a great ad. Do I think it is a great beer? no. But for an ad it was actually really well done and made a great point.

right or wrong for all of us craft beer heads on here (hey I am one too. no fears) there are 10 + guys that just want a cold semi improvement over water beverage. Heck I’ll admit when I am golfing, it is 90 degrees out etc I will happily gulp down a Budweiser actually. When I am drenched in sweat after mowing the lawn or golf I am not really looking for an Oatmeal Stout to cool me off ha ha

They found a great way to zing many of us and make a point of exactly who they were tailoring the ad towards.

btw, again not saying it is a great beer, but as fellow brewers I think we should admire the fact they can produce a product at so many various breweries in such quantities and have such a consistent result and flavor.

Here’s a good follow-up article on how pathetically hypocritical Bud is.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2 ... pocri.html

[quote=“moose”]Here’s a good follow-up article on how pathetically hypocritical Bud is.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2 ... pocri.html[/quote]

I read that article this morning too and agree with a lot of the points.

It’s not about getting any panties in a wad. It’s about the fact that they hypocritically made fun of the very market they are buying up. That is what I find funny about it. Again, not insulting, but quite ironic. I certainly didn’t lose any sleep over it, I laughed when I saw it.

I’m also not saying I don’t drink stuff like Bud at times, because I certainly do. And yes, they did a good job rallying their troops in support (loyal Bud drinkers).

But I just find it hilarious that they make an ad zinging the very group of people they are trying to win over by purchasing craft breweries. If you don’t see the irony in that, then I don’t know what to say…

I totally agree. All the controversy about it is just plain silly.
Frankly, I think it hit a bit too close to home for some of the geekier beer lovers they were satirizing. :mrgreen: But really, I’ve seen far worse geekery on display at my favorite ‘local’ that caters to the craft crowd.

Actually, all of the fussing over the commercial that I’m reading online is as funny as the commercial itself (and it kind of illustrates the point the commercial is making. LOL.

In the end…it’s only beer…