Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

I Don't like Guessing

I just made a 4.4 c.f. Magic Chef into a Kegerator. I bought a single tower from Ebay for a reasonable price. I did some research trying to find information on where the electrical and Freon lines ran on the fridge. I could find nothing so I played Russian Roulette and drilled a 1/2" hole exactly in the center of the top of the fridge. Luck was with me and I didn’t hit anything. I currently have a 20 oz. CO2 system and a 7.5 lb. CO2 system. Right now, I used the 20 oz. system inside the fridge and have not drilled any holes for that. The 7.5 lb. tank is long and unstable and my plan is to bracket it to the side of the fridge and drill a hole for the gas line to pass through the side of the fridge. I am afraid that my luck is going to run out and I will hit something this time. Does anyone know where the electrical and gas lines run on the Magic Chef run? Or have a suggestion as to where to drill in a place where the chances are slim that I will hit anything vital :?:

This may be a starting point. Looks like the top and bottom of the refrigerator are the critical areas. The door and the sides are basically insulation. Best would be to call a place that sells and services the frig and ask. Tell them what you are planning and ask for advice. Around here any of our places would give you the information you need. At the worst may cost you a 6-pak when your brew is ready.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdi ... 5755/00001
Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com