I berwed my "Holder of the Hop" APA last night but

So i brewed very own recipe last night…
I designed it on brewersfriend.com and it gave me the break down and all the vital info i needed.
I am worried though cuz i checked the gravity and it was off a considerable amount? I am posting a snapshot of it to this post and tell me what you think? Should i be worried? Is there anything i should do?
My gravity was 1.046

I’m getting a 1.051 EST SG in Beersmith so I would not worry about your gravity that much. You might just have a little too much water in your recipe.

I would worry a little about your hops. It seems like a bit much. A 0.5oz of Chinook at 60 min would have been to style. You could move the other additions to 5 minutes or less.

I wanted my IBU’s around 40 so we will have to see…)…
So I shouldn’t worry about the OG?.. What do ya think i should expect for a FG?

According to the sheet this was a partial boil and you topped off to 5 gallons afterwards right? If that’s the case I’m guessing the wort wasn’t mixed completely, it takes a lot longer than you might think to homogenize when mixing and sometimes you can end up with weaker work at the top when taking your sample. As long as your volume is correct then you should have hit your OG so I wouldn’t worry too much. You might want to confirm your volume measurements are correct if you haven’t already for future batches.

EDIT: Since this is your own recipe I guess another variable would be your weight measurements, is it possible you used less of something than your recipe called for?

[quote=“BPBCo”]According to the sheet this was a partial boil and you topped off to 5 gallons afterwards right? If that’s the case I’m guessing the wort wasn’t mixed completely, it takes a lot longer than you might think to homogenize when mixing and sometimes you can end up with weaker work at the top when taking your sample. As long as your volume is correct then you should have hit your OG so I wouldn’t worry too much. You might want to confirm your volume measurements are correct if you haven’t already for future batches.

EDIT: Since this is your own recipe I guess another variable would be your weight measurements, is it possible you used less of something than your recipe called for?[/quote]

Its been siting for about 10hours now in the fermenter should i open it back up and mix it some more then retake my gravity?

I would not open it back up or mix it anymore. Your OG was fine.

It’s tough to estimate FG since it’s mainly up to the yeast now. There are a lot of environmental factors that go into it. I would let it go at least 2 weeks then take a gravity reading. You should be aiming somewhere between 1.010 and 1.014. Then check it again a few days later. If you get the same reading, it is finished.

I didn’t see that you were doing a partial boil. Your hop amounts are probably fine.