How to easy mash 1lb of milled red wheat

wondered if any one had any idea’s how to mash 1 lb of Red wheat easily already been milled. to add to a hefe weizen

If it’s not wheat malt, and it doesn’t look like it is, you’ll need to add a lb. of pale malt to get the enzymes you need to convert the starch in the wheat. Heat about a gal. of water to about 160F, stir in the crushed grains, and put it in the oven for an hour. Set your oven to 150-10 if possible. Otherwise, turn on the heat occasionally to try to maintain 150-160F in the pot. After an hour, pour it through a strainer to remove the grain. You can “sparge” the grain on the strainer, if you like, by pouring a couple qt. of 170F water over it.

It is breiss red wheat malt already milled. is a simple recipe 2 3.3 breiss wheat lme and 1lb of red wheat mashed with dansatar munich yeast. for simple hefe weizen. sorry for got hops sazz 60 minute

OK, it it’s wheat malt, just cut the amount of water I suggested in half and do the rest. Basically, you just want to hold it at 150 for an hour, using about 2 qt. of water for every lb. of grain. In the stove or on the stovetop will work equally well. If you have a bag to put the grain in, it would simplify things a bit. If not, no big deal.

Thank you for the help!!! that’s what I will do!

Sounds delicious. Tonight I have been happily sampling Festbeir offerings of Weinhenstephenen and Ayinger at my local. It’s all good and yours sounds very nice. The German dark Munich is a favorite of mine.

i think it may be easy. you’ll need to add a lb. of pale malt to get the enzymes you need to convert the starch in the wheat. And…

I suggested in half and do the rest. Basically, you just want to hold it at 150 for an hour, using about 2 qt. of water for every lb. of grain. In the stove or on the stovetop will work equally well. If you have a bag to put the grain in, it would simplify things a bit. If not, no big deal.