How often does eveyone brew?

I am brewing my second batch ever tomorrow with the fist batch being brewed the first week of January. My goal is going to be once a month. Maybe a little more in the summer once I have a solid brew day routine. I drink more in the summer so brewing more seems like the right thing to do.

Just started brewing in April, and have done 14 batches so on track for 1-2 per month. It is becoming addictive!

According to my wife, way too much.

Three to four times a month.

Did 33 batches last year. Four so far this year.

once every 2-3 weeks.

I’m about to start my 2nd brew, so I’m averaging about 1 brew every 2 months. I need to invest in a beer only fridge or my wife will start to flip :slight_smile:

LOL!!! Mine too.
18 batches in 12 months. Lately I’ve been back-to-backing similar styles with the same yeast cake, so I’ll do 2 batches 2 weeks apart, then wait about a month.
Still bottling, so I’m accumulating friends willing to trade empties for fulls (FWTTEFF) :cheers:

Two standard house brews a month and throw in a big beer every couple of months as an extra batch.

I brew every 3-4 weeks. 20 gallon batches though.

Good info! Thanks all!

Heading to the LHBS to pick up some grain for my first all grain batch this weekend.

Going to do an IPA. Following the Chinook IPA recipe but am considering changing the hops to either fuggles or hallertau.

This is for the wife since she really only like an IPA every now and then.

Congratulations, going all grain is the best step I ever made in brewing. So much more control over your finished product.

2-4 a month on average I would say. Every once in awhile I have a tendency to get caught up and brew twice a weekend for a few weeks straight and then all my equipment; including my stomach is locked up for a week until I have space. I have gotten lazy a few times and ran out. The latter is worse; beer at the store is expensive!

Every two weeks I make a 20 gallon batch which I split with my neighbor. I have a pipeline (21 kegs, 4-15 gal fermenters, 8-glass carboys) that I try to keep filled so that I am always drinking conditioned beer.

I try to brew every three weeks or so (and some of those are brews meant for long aging).
Not always easy to stay on that schedule because of the nature of my work, but that’s why I try to make every third or fourth brew a ‘long ager)’.

A little more than once a month, but I did 3 in January

I did 20 batches in 2012, so every 2.6 weeks on average :wink:

I enjoy the process so much, I’ve thought about brewing smaller batches so I can brew more often.

edit: fixed a typo

twice a month is my norm. wish i could do this more often but life is a bitch!!!

I brew more in the winter and summer when I have more free time, and less in the fall and spring when I am coaching and teaching. But, I probably do 4-8 batches a month in summer and winter, and 2-4 batches a month in spring and fall. I am certain it all adds up to exactly 200 gallons a year though.

Between March and October about once a month or whenever I have a keg empty. November through February it is to damn cold to stand outside and watch a pot boil. Once I get four on tap I’m out of room since I don’t bottle anything. I don’t do big beers so I don’t keep anything sitting around in a fermenter anywhere for any great length of time. Since it is pretty much just me drinking it four kegs is enough to last me a while.

Guess I should also add that I am brewing 20gal batches and splitting with a friend as well.