How much hops?

I’m doing a 5 gal batch of SWEET Stout and I prefer malt forward (less bitterness) than most people would.

My OG is 1.045 and I’m planning on using 1 oz. of cascade for 60 minutes. According to my calculations this should provide 22.5 IBUs. which I think would be appropriate for Sweet stout and my tastebuds.

Comments please.

That should work fine. Might be just a slight tad too sweet. If you have a quarter ounce of some other random hops laying around or a quarter ounce Cascade then that might help a little. But it’s just fine if you don’t.

[quote=“lazy ant brewing”]I’m doing a 5 gal batch of SWEET Stout and I prefer malt forward (less bitterness) than most people would.

My OG is 1.045 and I’m planning on using 1 oz. of cascade for 60 minutes. According to my calculations this should provide 22.5 IBUs. which I think would be appropriate for Sweet stout and my tastebuds.

Comments please.[/quote]

It’s been a long time since I brewed it but I did a sweet stout with cascades many years ago. I hopped closer to 30 and it came out really good.