How much beer do you drink?

2-3 pints 2-3 days durning the week and about 4-12(depending on how strong) each night on fri and sat, none on Sunday. I did start drinking more once I started home brewing, I used to not drink m-t.

Same here. I’ve got to find a way to move more of my beers so I can brew more often.

I’ll have on average about 10 glasses of homemade beer or wine per week, about the same as I said in that year-old thread. If I have something very light on tap (like the keg of Scottish ale right now), I might drink more. If the choices are higher alcohol, rarely more than a single glass in a day. In response, I’ve cut back on brewing higher alcohol beers.

1 Like

Same here. I’ve got to find a way to move more of my beers so I can brew more often.

I’ll have on average about 10 glasses of homemade beer or wine per week, about the same as I said in that year-old thread. If I have something very light on tap (like the keg of Scottish ale right now), I might drink more. If the choices are higher alcohol, rarely more than a single glass in a day. In response, I’ve cut back on brewing higher alcohol beers.[/quote]
Maybe you should brew smaller batches. I brew 4 gallon batches, because that’s what my system and living situation dictate, and a keg will last me around 3-4 weeks. I’m pretty much the only one drinking my beer with the occasional friend who comes over for a couple pints. My gf doesn’t drink much of my beer, but I’ve been meaning to keep some beers on tap that she likes. She’s a hophead! I’m proud to say that. I kegged an IPA with Mosaic, Nelson Sauvin, and Citra the other day. She’ll love that. So that keg won’t last long.

I’m fine drinking 3 beers a night during the week, but it’s my weekend drinking that I want to cut back on. I shouldn’t be getting drunk every weekend. Mind you, I don’t have kids (don’t plan to) so I don’t have those sorts of responsibilities to keep in mind.

How often would you all say you get pretty sloshed?

I actually googled the name a few months back when I was bored. Directed me to a user on a white supremesist web site. Assume and hope it was not the same dude… :shock:

1 Like

Oddly enough, I think this is an interesting post. Many of my co-workers, etc. think that I drink a lot due to the fact that my basement is filled with brewing gear and bottles, etc. It’s just the opposite, I think I enjoy the act of brewing and sharing more than anything. That is not to say that I do not enjoy what I make, but I usually brew, bottle and give out more than I consume.

To answer the question, I maybe consume 6 pints a week on average, but I give out around the same if not more lol. I just love the science behind it all and being able to create something so unique!

“Pretty sloshed” is kinda subjective. I have a pretty high tolerance for alcohol. If I drink 4 of my porters (which are about 6% ABV) between the time I get home and go to bed I’m usually going to bed almost completely sober. Drinking two 10% ABV brews gets me what I call a “decent buzz”. Four of them in a relatively small time frame (3 hours) I would say I probably start slurring words and start talking louder and I would call this “feeling damn good”. 5+ and I would consider that “pretty sloshed”. Like when you go to bed and the room feels like its spinning.

I would say I get “pretty sloshed” maybe 5-10 times a year. I get to “feeling damn good” probably 2-3 times a month. The wife and I like to go out to dinner a few times a month and there is usually a couple martinis (ketel one, just a splash of vermouth) each with dinner and a couple after dinner drinks and I’m right at my “feeling damn good” stage.

[quote=“Beersk”]

How often would you all say you get pretty sloshed?[/quote]

Never on beer. But if I am celebrating and someone decides we need to do shots…that’s a whole other story. But usually maybe once every 6 months. Got pretty wasted at my buddies Halloween party and that was the first time in 2013.

[quote=“Beersk”]

How often would you all say you get pretty sloshed?[/quote]

On weekends, and only if friends are joining in the festivities. Usually we have to have an excuse to get a good buzz, but not always. haha. Also, if I’m going out to the bars around campus with friends. That only happens a couple times a month.

I guess pretty sloshed would be anywhere between “feeling damn good” and “wasted”. I would say that happens at least once a week on weekends. That’s what I need to cut back on. But as mattnaik said, I will often have 4 or 5 beers throughout the night and go to bed sober.

[quote]Same here. I can’t conceive of the kind of control some people have. A couple beers a couple times a week? Why homebrew at that point? Not saying it’s something you should do to get drunk, but how can you not have at least a beer, if not 3 everyday? I have 3 taps and I want to drink pint after pint of them every night. But I don’t. The last few nights, I’ve had 12-16oz of each throughout the night. I’ll usually drink more on Fridays and Saturdays, overdoing it more often than I’d like. That’s the part I’m working on, drinking less on the weekends so I can get up at a normal hour instead of sleeping in until 10 or 11am.

During the week, I’ve been drinking anywhere from 1-4 pints, trying to keep it at the lower end of that range. Sometimes, a person just needs a few beers. It’s hard not to when I’m hanging out with my girlfriend, watching something and having a good time.[/quote]

sorry that makes no sense, I know people that used to drink and do not anymore, still brew for the enjoyment of it for their freinds and family.

Sometimes I will go a few weeks without a beer and sometimes I will drink a few times a week.
Beer is beer no matter if its homebrew or commercial beer, I don’t drink more or less because I brew.

I definitely drink more since I started brewing. Granted I’ve only been brewing for about 11 months now so I may start to taper back again at some point. Before I might go weeks without drinking a beer. Now I will have one almost every day. Sometimes a couple…

Almost never. I actually don’t like the feeling of being drunk. Anything beyond a mild buzz is not pleasant for me.

1 Like

When I do drink I also drink less sometimes, with a keg I can go have what I want a couple sips to a pint or two. Instead of having to drink at least one beer or one bomber or share a growler

4-24 oz per day. Sometimes I have 4 oz glasses that I use just when I want a small taste (benefit of kegging). On the weekends 4 ozs at 10:00 am just tastes so good and gets me stoked for college football. Can’t remember the last time I drank enough beer to get drunk. I love brewing so the end product is just iceing on the cake.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

“Sloshed”…Not to often any more, gettin’ too old for that $hi#!

But, I don’t drink through the week, but wait until the weekend to get my “swerve on”, and probably go through 12-15 beers in the weekend…Unless I see a specialty brew I might wanna’ try as I’m looking around the package store.

Don’t judge!..My weekend is Sat., Sun., and Mon.!

Not to say that I might not go through them in 2 days now, especially while working in my shop, where I have a SET rule of : 2 beers, no more power tools! :shock:

Almost never. I actually don’t like the feeling of being drunk. Anything beyond a mild buzz is not pleasant for me.[/quote]

I’m with you on that one. I really don’t like feeling very wasted - mostly because I seem to have a pretty low tolerance. It doesn’t take much for me to feel crappy the next day. Sometimes I’ll even regret the third beer with a mild headache the next morning. Problem is, the beer just tastes so good that it’s hard to stop at two.

I usually end up saying “what the heck” and massively regretting it once or twice a year. Other than that, I’m pretty responsible. I just like to have a beer or two in the evenings.

It all depends what I’m drinking to. Could be just one beer something big and strong to sip. Or drink a sixer or more of something like a saison, mild or a Berliner and hardly have a buzz.

I get “sloshed” about 3 times a month depending how many times I go out. The more UFC events the more I go out. Always on beer I’m a sucker for the high octane beer, I don’t care for hard alcohol unless they don’t have any good beer on tap.

I actually googled the name a few months back when I was bored. Directed me to a user on a white supremesist web site. Assume and hope it was not the same dude… :shock: [/quote]
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha damn that made me laugh…

I guess a lot of this has to deal with a lot of things. My brewing HASN’T made me drink more (as my wife was afraid of). 10 years ago I drank 4 times per week, 15 beers at a time. In fact, I set my local BW3 record… sad I know. After that I continued to drink and often found myself in a drunken state (which I loved :smiley: ) Now I have a 2.5 month old so that ship has sailed.

Homebrewing and having so much in my room or fridge certainly has me drinking more often than I had after I calmed down.

My tolerance seems a bit high still, and I do drink for the buzz as well. I don’t care to drink light beers as I just don’t drink them fast enough to get that buzz.

I don’t care much for getting sloshed either. I’m getting too old and worn out, and I have a 5 year old to concern myself with. But when my friend who homebrews comes into town it usually ended up with me hung over the next day until the last two times, in which we took it a little more easy, and even shared our beers so as not to get too crazy.