How much beer do you drink?

My list of priorities goes as follows:

1. Drinkin’ it
  2. Drinking it
  3. Tasting it
  4. Smelling it
  5. Watching it
  6. Brewing it

Of course, #s 3-6 are completely frustrating without #1 - maybe # 2.

Careful, The NSA is watching this thread and keeping notes.

What’s an NSA?

Is that an American dude?

Cause drinking beer is a matter of national security? :wink:

Cause drinking beer is a matter of national security? :wink: [/quote]

Oh… you guys are talking ‘bout Da Man? Yeah I heard of Da Man. We don’t care for him much round hear. Keeps tellin’ me I drink too much.

LONG TIME NO VISIT!!!

I drink a glass or two a night. Usually pour the first when I get home from work and then have another when preparing dinner for the wife and I. I occasionally will have a 3rd, but it’s rare. The weekends are about the same unless family or friends come for a visit in which case I can put a way quite a few.

About that “not finishing” a beer comment… my wife will occasionally have a beer if I have something on tap she likes. BUT I’ve noticed she usually ends up leaving 1/4 - 1/2 a glass and it’s starting to piss me off. I think I’ll start asking her a 2oz tasting glass :wink:

I like the show Brew Dogs, because those two guys are entertaining as hell, but as a Youtube search will show, watching people drink and/or ‘review’ beer is absolutely excruciating.

“Wow this one is just really, really hoppy. Look at that nice color and lacing”.

I usually like to take multiple nights in a row off. Depending on ABV, I can put 3-4 back in a sitting/afternoon of watching football or cooking/hanging with friends. Most nights where I do decide to partake, 2 is my number.

[quote=“Pietro”]I like the show Brew Dogs, because those two guys are entertaining as hell, but as a Youtube search will show, watching people drink and/or ‘review’ beer is absolutely excruciating.

“Wow this one is just really, really hoppy. Look at that nice color and lacing”. [/quote]

I should have used the the phrase “staring at it”. Because I do love to stare at a perfect pint. And take some naughty photos of it.

I have to agree with you here. Notice how I did not include “sitting around talking about it like a schmuck.” :cheers:

Don’t finish it??? :shock:
I think that violates multiple Home Brew Beer Laws! :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]
Yeah I’m funny about that. I’ll take great pains to get every last drop of usable wort from the kettle and beer from the fermentor, but once its a finished product I have no problems with wasting if I’ve had my fill or the flavor isn’t doing it for me. Lets just hope the old Irish adage that “when you die and go to the peraly gates, St. Peter holds you upside down in the beer you’ve spilled and if you drown TO HELL WITH YOU” isn’t true.

Mon-Thurs usually 1-3 beers a night. On weekends in the summer I find myself drinking a lot more. I’ll usually go through about 18 beers at home and a few more when I go out. I never start drinking until I’ve had my coffee :slight_smile:

So you drink around a case a day? That sir, is what most would call a drinking problem.

I’m usually just a Fri and Sat night drinker and yes, brewing my own has me drinking more than I used too on those nights. It’s almost like I supplement my store bought with my home brew. This has also led to spending more money as well. I do try to stick to less than 12 beers a weekend.

i worked night shift the last couple of years so my drinking was limited to just Sat and Sun nights. Now that I am finally on a day shift I will have a couple during the week. I’ve found that regardless of what I am drinking 2 is the magic number. After that it either stops tasting good (and thus pointless to continue) or I’ve got enough of a buzz going that another one will result in a hangover the next day.

I think St. Peter will look the other way given how much beer you’ve created!

I don’t have a problem dumping out beer either. If I go to beer festivals, I will typically taste and dump the rest if they give me a big pour and its not fantastic.

I usually have 1-2 beers 2 nights during the work week. I used to have more but we have a 5 month old at home now and it is just not worth drinking 3-5 beers on a Wednesday when I know I may be up twice during the night and still have to get up at 5:30am to get ready for work. Friday & Saturday I usually have 4-6 per night. I still like catching a buzz on the weekends. Especially if there are sports to watch. I love beer mixed with the White Sox or the Bulls.

[quote=“Dan S”]This same topic came up a year or so ago, and I though the OP might find the responses interesting:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=112691

[/quote]
Thanks for saving me the trouble of finding that thread. :slight_smile:

My answer would be the same as it was back then.

I’ll usually have one or 2 per night during the week and three or so on the weekend. I hardly ever buy beer because I like my own so much. I really enjoy brewing at least as much or more than drinking beer. I’ve cut down on the beer a little because my brother-in-law got me a really awesome cocktail book. ( http://www.901cocktails.com/ ) I like a good cocktail almost as much as a homemade beer.

1 Like

So you drink around a case a day? That sir, is what most would call a drinking problem.[/quote]

OMG …Not a case a day 18 beers between Friday and Sunday. It’s easy in the summer with a pool and friends over. I usually drink a light beer like Sam Adams Boston Lager or Summer Ale. Thinking about brewing the Cream Ale from NB this summer. Looks pretty refreshing.

When I was younger I drank way too much and too often. Then I got a little older and chilled out a good bit. Then I lost my job just before my child was born and became a stay at home dad needing a hobby and SWMBO felt home brewing would do nicely. Since I got the hang of it and enjoy it immensely I began to drink more often I found. So now I’m drinking 3-4 days a week or so and drinking 3-5 beers (10-12 oz - I hate the yeast sediment) usually unless my friend and home brewer comes in to town to stay the night here and share beers, but that’s once every 6-12 months, but it gets ridiculous (8-10). Because of such sloshiness we’ve decided to share each beer so we can try all of the various good beers we’ve made over time. I’ve found that I generally drink 1 beer an hour, but my beers are usually in the mid 5 to low 6%. I don’t get trashed and am usually up before the alarm every morning except when my friend is here!

[quote=“Beersk”][quote=“Brew Meister Smith”]OK I had to go back and check This is what I was drinking back then:

“I’d like to say I limit myself to 3 pints a night, but 4 or 5 is probably more accurate. Weekends tend to be similar, unless we are hanging out with friends in which case 10 or 12 may be the norm.”

FYI I no longer hang out with friends.

And what ever happened to that Edward Teach guy?[/quote]
I don’t know, haven’t seen msawyer around either.

I was drinking about the same then as I am now, maybe slightly less now.

The people I especially don’t understand are the ones that say they don’t drink Sunday through Thursday. They must brew once every 3 months.[/quote]
I think Edward teach might be over at homebrewtalk