Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

How long is to long

unfortunately i had cream ale in my primary and it was ready to come off on october 27th or around there. i was in a car accident on the 23rd and still am in the hospital and wont be released until after thanksgiving. is the brew in my primary still ok to carb and bottle or should i have my brother dump it out? any suggestions would be appreciated…thanks…rob

It will be fine, I’d just bottle it when you’re up to it, don’t worry about doing a secondary.

Must have been a nasty wreck to put you in the hospital for a month, hope you have a speedy recovery. :cheers:

thanks glug for the help. i was t-boned by an idiot not paying attention and blew a red light. it pushed my truck from the northbound lane to the southbound lane where i was hit head on by a 24ft box truck(not his fault) i had a skull fracture, broke both of my pelvis and my right femur.660 stitches later im all put back together. this is the second time in 15yrs this has happened…rob

Here’s to a speedy recovery! :cheers:

Thank goodness you are ok. Must be feeling better if you are worrying about your beer.

Sorry for your pain!
I suggest that you teach your brother to bottle as soon as you get out - you can supervise.
Then he’ll be ready to be your brew-slave for a while…

Wow man, what a horrible accident. Glad you’re okay. Time to get a bike! Bike paths are a whole lot nicer than the roads. Hope your recovery speeds up!

thanks for the info and well wishes guys, cant wait to get the hell outta here im going stir crazy and cant read anymore magazines…rob

You want some back issues of BYO?
I have around 25 issues in the 2003 - 2005 range
I can email the digital copies I have.

Wow, I know how bad that can be. My brother-in-law was hit by a drunk driver a few months ago. It was a miracle that he made it out alive. Sounds like you had your own little miracle!

As far as advice, I think the people above covered your question. My only piece of advice is to make sure you’re off your meds before you start drinking your beer again!!!

Here’s to a speedy recovery!

Wow, that’s rough! Sounds like you’re recovering nicely though.
That extra aging might even be a good thing. Does anyone think he should add a pack of US-05 to be safe for the carbing?

[quote=“WillyK”]Wow, that’s rough! Sounds like you’re recovering nicely though.
That extra aging might even be a good thing. Does anyone think he should add a pack of US-05 to be safe for the carbing?[/quote]

You’d be fine to bottle with not added yeast if it’s only a month past the expected bottling date. If you really did want to add bottling yeast, go with 1/2 pack of rehydrated S-04 rather than the US-05. It will ferment neutral and fast, and flocculate very well - just what you want in a bottling yeast.

Here’s to a speedy recovery! That sounds pretty crazy. What kind of vehicle were you driving?

i was driving an 06 ford f-350 dually. it was my dream truck i used it to haul my 5th wheel camper. but hell ill get another one someday. vehicle that blew the light was a 2500 chevy duramax.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and sorry about your truck. It is sad so many people are driving around not paying attention to what they are doing.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com