How long for keg to settle......let me explain

So last night I went to tap my rye pale ale that I had force carbing for a week. I pulled about a inch of beer in my glass before the flow completely stopped. At first I thought the dip tube clogged (very sloppy rushed siphon from primary to keg), so I depressurized the keg, hooked the CO2 to the beer out line and purged until it stop rumbling. Hooked everything back up normal…still nothing.

I decided to check to see if I put my faucet back together wrong (Perlick Flow Control Faucets) when I found my answer. The back of the faucet was clogged with hops. When I initially went to pull the first pint or so to get rid of the sediment, I had the flow shut off, which I think did not help the situation. Disassembled the Perlick and cleaned. In the mean time to make sure that actually was the problem, I hook up a standard faucet. Flows just fine (except lack of head due to depressurizing the keg. I pulled 2 pints that were cloudy with decent amount of hops still in suspension due to purging the dip tube.

My question is (finally)…how long do you think I should let the keg settle before I try to pull the sediment out of the bottom again? Temperature in kegerator is 42 degrees if that makes a difference.

Sorry for being long winded, but I figured if you had the complete story, it would be easier to answer.

Thanks,

Joe

The heavy hop sediment should drop down quickly. I’d give it 24 hours. If you find you’re still getting a lot of sediment in the beer you might try installing one of these on your dip tube. It’s a strainer that fits on the siphon tube of a paint spray gun. They are available in different materials, sizes, and shapes. Just make sure you sanitize it first.