I am a partial mash brewer and I am having trouble finding a block of time to dedicate to brewing over the next few weeks. If I could I’d wait out this tough schedule and brew after all of my scheduling issues are in the past, but I’d run out of homebrew before that happens. Poor planning, I know.
So I can brew during this time frame, I’d like to know if I can start the partial mash and let it sit for up to two hours before I can sparge and complete my brew day? If I proceed under that scenario, what should I change from my normal process with regard to mash temperatures. Say I want to mash at 150 degrees. Do I start higher and then assume it will drop and average about 150? Or do I start at my normal temperature and let it go where it goes?
Anything else I need to consider? Thanks.