How do you mark your bottles?

I followed the link on gregscsu’s reply and found that the Avery # for the clear labels is 5248 and the number for the white is 5247. You can order them from that link.
:cheers:

Mighty clever and resourceful of you to catch the obvious that eluded me! :wink:

:cheers:

my arm could probably be twisted.

Awesome, thanks! We could work out a trade or $omething.

In the meantime, I came up with a little template that I will use. It includes:
date brewed | year | date bottled
brew name
ABV

And, some barley and hops just so I’ll remember what’s in the bottle :wink: .

I uploaded a hi-res, layered photoshop file if anyone wants it. Click here to start the download
http://ickyfoot.com/pics/beer/cap_template.psd
[psd]. I haven’t printed this on the 1" Avery labels yet, but it’s a 1" diameter circle, so it should fit OK.

this is how I do it. I simply put the date and the brew name.

I just write what it is on the box.

Use my inkjet printer and labelizer.com for now… The problem is when the labels get wet they run… I use the non-permanent glue sticks (Staples brand) and seems good for me now. Using the non-permanate glue sticks… The labels come off really easy when washing the bottles. Would love to have the time to spend designing labels with graphics software but takes so long…

Love the idea of using the 1" clear labels for the bottle caps… And so going to start using them!

I started with the Sharpie on the caps, but then started doing custom labels.

I use my inkjet printer and glue sticks, but as mentioned they tend to run when wet. Not a big deal in the fridge, but crappy for out at the tailgate. The glue stick holds the label, but it comes off easy with a little water. I try to squeeze 9 labels per page, so they are about 2-1/2" X 3-1/4". I use photoshop a bit, so it gives me a chance to play…

Nice, DMRaschka! I espcially like the Cream ale label.

For any who are interested, the cap label I posted fits perfectly on the Avery mailing seals. They make it a lot easier to spot the beer you’re going for!

When I bottled I taped an index card to the top of the case with the date and style written on it. If it was a Cream Ale I marked each cap with a yellow marker. Pale Ale or anything else I just left blank or put an X on or PA or whatever. Kegging, I still use index cards, lol.

Staples 8 1/2 by 11 labels cut to size. If you are concerned about the ink running on your inkjet printer, use Kodak. Their ink is treated not to run. Print stays intact even as you scrape them off an empty bottle

+1 to the use of garage sale stickers on bottle caps. They have a few different colors so I use those to indicate light color (yellow), a pale ale (green), and the darker stuff (red). An abbreviation of style and bottling date suffices to ID the brew.

I’ve done the garage stickers on the caps also, basically just whatever is quick and simple. To me it’s about the beer that is poured in the glass, not the bottle. Sometimes I do make a label. A label. I put it on the cardboard flap on the case or on the side of the keg.

I used to make lables but it became to much of a pita. so now, i occasionally use the bottlecap size avery lables or just a sharpie for when i give beer away.

cheers

Getting into the labels…

Labels by the sheet web site. 63 white round labels are real cheap and they have a template to d/l. real easy and cheap

I usually do the sharpie on the cap thing but if I’m gifting them I had bought some labels from an online label place (400 labels for 30 bucks) that remove cleanly and easily and they have an online designer.

could you post a link for the site. that sounds like a good deal. i dont label a lot of bottles but i do give away some beer and wouldnt mind trying to make some labels.

i put a small sticker on the top with some shortened version af the beers name that usually only i can decipher. i also try to fit the bottling date and abv. its a lot of stuff to try and write on a little sticker

I will do a couple of things: First, I’ll make a label for EVERY beer. I am totally into naming my beers, and I enjoy that part of the process just as much as making the beers. But I was also into Dungeons and Dragons as a kid, and playing in bands, so that’s just how I utilize my creativity.

I use the label paper that you can print on, and I usually stuff as many labels onto a sheet that will fit and print them out on a laserjet printer.

I also use a sharpie to label the caps. I try to be as neat as I can.

could you post a link for the site. that sounds like a good deal. i dont label a lot of bottles but i do give away some beer and wouldnt mind trying to make some labels.

i put a small sticker on the top with some shortened version af the beers name that usually only i can decipher. i also try to fit the bottling date and abv. its a lot of stuff to try and write on a little sticker[/quote]

Sure, I’m new on the forum and didn’t know if links were allowed.These are the labels I use and the paper type is “removable white matte” but any of the “removable” ones would work I’m sure. 4 labels per sheet and 100 sheets is 30 bucks. The description says 8 labels per sheet but they count the square main label and the neck ring label as different labels.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/ol3078.htm