House Warming Gift?

My oldest son (MullerBrau Jr) just bought his first house in the Chicago suburbs and I want to make him something special. He has a large heated garage with NG plumbed in. He and I used to be brew buddies when he lived at home so I am thinking one of the following two options:

1. A 15 gallon brew cart plug and play natural gas.
  2. A 4 tap keezer complete

Thoughts?

Any chance you are adopting?

You get him the keezer, he can still come over and brew with you.

[quote=“mattnaik”]Any chance you are adopting?[/quote]I think I’d have a lot of takers if I did. :slight_smile:

[quote=“tom sawyer”]You get him the keezer, he can still come over and brew with you.[/quote]Good point. Plus, he will probably be getting married in the next 12-18 months so I could leave the brew system for a wedding gift.

I recently bought a house too and guess what, the water sucks for brewing.
Total hardness 248ppm
I then looked into RO filters and found they are expensive, so right now I am lugging water bottles to and from the store for my brewing water.

Anyways, an RO filter system could be nice for him if needed, maybe a birthday gift er something.

But you gotta have a keezer in the house, Always

I too would go with the keezer. Maybe he wants the satisfaction of building his own system in his own ideals.

Have you asked his wife, first? Depending on where in Chicago, the homes may not be very large, and neither of those may be small enough to fit.

Your daughter in-law will sure appreciate that, haha.

I would vote for the keezer too.

Have you asked his wife, first? Depending on where in Chicago, the homes may not be very large, and neither of those may be small enough to fit.[/quote]

Read above, he’s single so this can would be grandfathered in along with the bean bag chair and gun cabinet. Besides, her car can sit on the street if necessary. And if she puts her foot down he’ll know she isn’t the right one.

Have you asked his wife, first? Depending on where in Chicago, the homes may not be very large, and neither of those may be small enough to fit.[/quote]The house is 2100 sq ft and plenty of room for two cars and woodworking and brewing areas. He’s a chip off the old block. The house is completely redone and turnkey. Even has a finished basement with a bar.

I would say neither as those can be projects you work on together later. I would go with a 70 inch LCD ! :slight_smile:

I like the idea of a 4 tap keezer and then the brew stand for the wedding.

Either way, he will love it.