Hose Brand and Sizes

I’d like to see some discussion of what size, brand, and type of hoses people use for both CO2 supply and Outflow supply.

Spare me the 10ft length recommendations.

Also national retailers you like to use (ex. Grainger)

Thanks,

Universally I use the 3/16" ID standard clear beverage lines for beer and gas. All my lines get 1/4" female flare fittings to be able to adapt any keg connection or length extensions for different carbonation levels.

Any of the manufacturers/retailers are about the same. Micromatic or any of the homebrew supplies will sell essentially the same product. It’s all vinyl beverage line with thick walls, and none of it will affect the beverage. I tend to pick up extra to have around when ordering other homebrew and draft items.

The biggest thing I’d suggest beside the flare fittings is to also use stepless clamps such as the Oetiker Stepless clamps as they do not pinch the lines and are the best and can be clamped with any wire nipper.

[quote=“Dean Palmer”]Universally I use the 3/16" ID standard clear beverage lines for beer and gas. All my lines get 1/4" female flare fittings to be able to adapt any keg connection or length extensions for different carbonation levels.

Any of the manufacturers/retailers are about the same. Micromatic or any of the homebrew supplies will sell essentially the same product. It’s all vinyl beverage line with thick walls, and none of it will affect the beverage. I tend to pick up extra to have around when ordering other homebrew and draft items.

The biggest thing I’d suggest beside the flare fittings is to also use stepless clamps such as the Oetiker Stepless clamps as they do not pinch the lines and are the best and can be clamped with any wire nipper.[/quote]
Ditto to the above, except I use the red 5/16 ID tubing
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=25
for gas. Not necessary to do this though. I only wanted to use the red tubing so I wouldn’t have an endless maze of clear 3/16 ID tubing to sort through in my 6 faucet keezer.

I use the blue hose I think it’s 5/16 why no reson but I bought it a long time ago since that I have also bought the clear.

After the cat chewed on it and emptied one of my tanks I cut it into 3 pieces about a foot long and gave it to him.

He has a blast dragging it up the stairs and banging it on the floor trying to kill it, not great to hear at night, but it’s a cheap cat toy. It satisfies his craving for chewing any more of mine so far so good.