Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Hopping Rates for Hybrid APA / Summer Ale

Just looking for some advise on hopping rates for a Summer Ale i am putting together.

I want it to be something between an APA and an English Summer Ale, Grist is 98% Pale 2-Row and 2% C60, Est ABV 3.9%,

Going to late Hop with Centennial and Mt.Hood 50/50, at 10 minute and Flame Out, Bittering via a local South Africa High Alpha hop.

I was thinking something around 30g at 10 and 70g at Flame Out for a 60 Liter batch.

Will this provide enough hop flavor/aroma?

Thanks

30g/70g with a 1.039 OG sounds good to me. Don’t neglect the dryhop (30-70g, same hops).

Thanks a lot

I hope the Mt.Hood / Centennial blend works out. Hoping to get a nice blend of Spicy & Citrus flavors.

[quote=“BulldogZAR”]Thanks a lot

I hope the Mt.Hood / Centennial blend works out. Hoping to get a nice blend of Spicy & Citrus flavors.[/quote]

I haven’t tried these two specifically, but I think you’ll be nicely surprised. I just made an APA using Columbus and Ultra, and I’m really liking the mesh between noble and American hops. Getting a really nice dank/spicy combo. Next time I’m going to add Amarillo to the combo for some floral/citrus highlights.

Brewed this beer yesterday and the hop combo is really nice. What i wanted for this light ale. I would recommend it for American Wheat also.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com