Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Honey wiezen first time home brewer

I got the honey wiezen kit from NB. Im a first time brewer and I’ve been trying to follow all the steps correctly and make sure I dont mess anything up. Right now I have it in bottles in my attic. They have been conditioning for 10 days now. Ive opened up a couple during the process to give them a try but there seems to be an off flavor… its kinda bitter but not undrinkable. Can anyone tell me what this is from? Should I leave them to condition for a couple more weeks and see if the taste changes.

My second batch thats been in primary for about 2 weeks is the American Amber Ale. I added some orange and lemon zest to the wort. ( I thought I would experiment a little with it ). Hopefully it turns out better than my first batch.

Thanks for all the help. This forum is a great tool.

Capecodbrewer

10 days conditioning isn’t alot of time. Give it another week, put a few in the fridge for at least a couple days, then try it. If its good, put some more in the fridge. The taste is going to change quite a bit after it sits in the fridge for a while.

How was the carbonation??

The carbonation is fine. I didnt know about keeping it in the fridge, Ill give it a try and see if it works out. I think i just need to be more patient that seems to be a common theme posting.php?mode=reply&f=1&t=110588#

I give the lady who runs a bottle shop samples of my home brew to taste and comment on. Last year I gave her a nut brown and when I checked back she had missplaced the tasting notes. Some time later I gave her another bottle from the same batch that had been stored in my cooler in the lower 40s. She asked if I’d brewed a new batch, the first one was good tasting but this one was way better.
I had the last bottle of that batch a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic at close to a year.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com